When we smoke brisket, we typically have a large amount leftover. I normally will freeze half of the brisket and use it later in other recipes. One that I knew I wanted to try recently is Brisket Tacos. I love tacos and brisket, so I thought this would be the perfect combination.
We used my Homemade Taco Seasoning to season the brisket and give it a bit of a taco zing! Then, topped it with Corn Salsa! Delicious!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Chopped Brisket Tacos
- 1 Lb Cooked Brisket Chopped
- 1 Serving Homemade Taco Seasoning or 1 Package of Taco Seasoning
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Corn Taco Shells
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Shredded Lettuce
- 2 Cups Corn
- 1 14.5- oz. Can Diced Tomatoes Drained
- 1 15 oz Can Black Beans Drained
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Chopped Cilantro
- Fresh Squeezed Lime
- On medium heat, add the brisket to a non stick skillet then add in the taco seasoning and water. Let this simmer and warm up until the seasoning is completely mixed into the brisket. Remove this from the heat.
- To make the corn salsa, simply mix all the corn salsa ingredients in a large bowl then squeeze the lime juice over the salsa. Stir this up well.
- Prepare your taco's with the corn shells, brisket, lettuce, top with corn salsa and cheese!
- This is perfect served with taco rice.
- This normally makes 10-12 Taco's, with plenty of Corn Salsa left for chips!