It’s the time of year for delicious pumpkin treats including this Caramel Topped Pumpkin Cheesecake!
This is the time of year, when suddenly my pantry is full of one canned good in particular, canned pumpkin. All of our meals suddenly turn into pumpkin madness.
One thing I love about pumpkin is that my picky eater absolutely loves it. Almost anything that I make with pumpkin in it, he will eat.
That’s a big deal for him. The great thing about stocking up with canned pumpkin is that the canned food stays fresh and flavorful sealed up for a long period of time.
By using canned pumpkin, I do not necessarily have to worry about it going to waste because I can keep it for a while. Of course, canned pumpkin also saves me a lot of time when making meals too, it’s so simple to add to foods.
How do you make Caramel Topped Pumpkin Cheesecake?
As I was making this Pumpkin Cheesecake, I told my husband that I planned to add chocolate chips too. His first response was, “of course there will be, everything is better in your world when it involves chocolate chips.”
So, maybe the fact that I store bags of chocolate chips in the freezer to snack on throughout the day is my guilty pleasure.
I refuse to hide in shame or if I do hide in shame at least I’ll have my bag of chocolate chips. I likely would have been at my weight loss goal by now if it weren’t for all those calorie free chocolate chips I eat all day. They are calorie free, right?
Then, of course there is this pumpkin cheesecake that I could not resist. This is actually perfect to make and take to your work if it last that long before it’s devoured.
I adapted this recipe to make 2 round 9 inch cheesecakes. That meant one for me and one for my husband…right?
My son could not stay away from this cheesecake either, so we basically were all doomed. Then, my daughter kept coming around anyone who was eating some with her mouth wide open, waiting on bites.
Are you ready for a tasty dessert this season? This cheesecake is perfect for it!
Caramel Topped Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 2 Premade Graham Cracker Pie Shells or Gluten Free Pie Shells
- 4 8 oz Packages of Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 1 15 oz Can of Libby's Canned Pumpkin
- 1 Tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Caramel Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 325*.
- Place the prepared pie shells to the side, while preparing the cheesecake mixture.
- In a stand mixer, whisk together the cream cheese, sugar, and canned pumpkin.
- Add in the spice and vanilla.
- Lastly, add in 1 egg at a time until the mixture is well combined.
- Pour evenly into each pie shell.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Let stand for about 5 minutes to cool down some.
- Place in the fridge for 4 hours to chill.
- Remove from the fridge, top each cheesecake evenly with chocolate chips and drizzle with caramel syrup.