As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
After making the Spinach and Bacon Frittata, I knew I would be trying this again with more variations. Keeping in mind that I am trying to boost iron, I decided to add in broccoli instead of spinach this time.
- 3 Whole Eggs
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1/4 Cup Fat Free 1/2 and 1/2
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Broccoli
- 1 Large Baking Potato, Peeled and Grated
- 1 Cup Diced Ham
- 4 oz Fat Free Cream Cheese
- 1 Tsp Minced Onion
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup of Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- In a small bowl beat the eggs, egg whites, and milk.
- In a large skillet pour in olive oil and grated potato. As this starts to simmer add in garlic powder and minced onion and let simmer for 10 more minutes. Then, add in broccoli, ham, reduced fat cream cheese, and half of the shredded cheese. I actually used more broccoli than 1/2 cup and my husband informed me that more than that was too much. He does not care for broccoli though, so you will want to base it on your preference.
- Mix this up and continue cooking until the cheese has melted.
- Pour the skillet mixture into a greased 9 inch pie pan, and pour the egg and milk mixture over the top.
- Once this has baked for 20-25 minutes, pull out of the oven top with the remaining cheese and continue baking until cheese has melted. This will be about 5 minutes.
When I made this dish I actually used an irregular oven safe dish that I was given, due to the depth of the dish it took closer to 30-35 minutes to fully cook.
Enjoy this alternate take on a Frittata!