Enjoy these delicious Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Bars, quick and tasty to make!
One thing my kids love to eat are bars, I do too! We can easily go through a large package of bars in a week around here, so when I discovered I could make my own version and make about 24 of them…I was sold.
How do you make Blueberry Oatmeal Bars?
I was able to make these with ingredients straight from my fridge and pantry then I had enough to last me at least a week. These bars are now headed to my weekly menu to be made each week as part of our snacks.
I’m planning to make a variety too with different flavors as different produce comes in season.
If you plan to make these gluten-free, just swap out the flour and oats for gluten-free all-purpose flour and oats. It’s a very simple switch, I like to use Better Batter for these.
One key to this recipe is to be sure to let them cool for at least 5-10 minutes before slicing, this will allow the berries and topping to setup. If it is really warm it’s going to be gooey when cutting.
How long do Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Bars last?
These breakfast bars last about 5 days in an airtight container stored in the fridge. We like to make them for a week at a time, so it’s a great Sunday baking option that will be easy to put in a container to enjoy during the week.
Can you use another topping for these breakfast bars?
Yes, you can do a variety of fruit for this recipe, using your favorite such as raspberries or strawberries too. It’s easy to get versatile, you could likely even top them with apple butter or sauce to get that Apple Cinnamon flavor as well.
Now you are ready to make these Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Bars!
Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour or Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Quick Cooking Oats or Gluten Free Oats
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar Packed
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp Butter Softened
- 1/4 Cup Orange Juice
- 1 1/2 Cups Blueberries
- 1 1/4 Cup Apple Butter
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour or Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg White
- Parchment Paper
- Preheat the oven to 325*.
- Cut parchment paper to line a 9x13 baking dish, then spray with non-stick baking spray.
- Combine ingredients for the crust in order in a medium sized mixing bowl. Mix this well until it's slightly moistened.
- Reserve 1 cup of the crust mixture, using the remaining crust mixture pour it over the parchment paper that is inside the baking dish. Spread it out evenly by pressing it into the dish.
- Now prepare the filling, combine all the filling ingredients in order in a medium sized mixing bowl. Once combined spread evenly over the crust.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining oat mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 325*.
- Once done, remove and carefully life the edges of the parchment paper with the oatmeal bars on them and place on a wire rack to fully cool.