As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Make a great treat for any upcoming party with these Berry Cookie Pies. These can also be made gluten-free too!
Are you ready for the 4th of July?! I am pretty excited about the holiday, plus that my husband is off. I’m hoping we can soak up the sunshine and also feast on some delicious summer foods like these Berry Cookie Pies.
How do you make Berry Cookie Pies?
As I was thinking up new recipes for the 4th of July, I immediately went to my beloved sugar cookies.
Then, I got to thinking about how tasty they would be topped with fresh berries.
I decided to use a Wilton Muffin Top pan to make these thick and ‘pie’ like. These make for the perfect refreshing cookie.
My son ate one and told me I was the best cookie maker in all the world. I’ll just take the compliment and refuse the fact that he was trying to coax me out of another cookie so that he could eat it.
Yes, I’m a mom that has limits on how many cookies the kids can eat and it’s usually not more than one. They’ll understand when they have kids…maybe.
I used whipped topping for the icing then topped them with berries.
These can be made with really any berries that you prefer. We had fresh blackberries and raspberries on hand, so I opted for those.
Are you ready for a little treat today? You’ll enjoy these, I promise!
- 1 Cup Butter, Softened
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar, Packed
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup plus 2 Tbsp Milk
- 2 Tsp Vanilla
- 4 Cups All Purpose Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Whipped Topping
- Begin by creaming the butter, adding in the sugars, eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt, mixing well.
- Chill the cookie dough in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat the Oven to 350*.
- Spray a Wilton Muffin Top pan with non-stick cooking spray, then fill each tin with cookie dough just a little below the top of the mold.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes then remove from oven and let cook before moving to a wire rack to complete cooling.
- Once cookies are completely cooled. Frost them with the whipped topping and add the berries.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 492Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 316mgCarbohydrates: 79gFiber: 2gSugar: 38gProtein: 7g