This No Bake Chocolate Cookie Pudding Pie is the perfect treat anytime of the year!
As the kids head back to school, when they come home they are usually rummaging the fridge for a snack, right? Maybe that’s just my kids, although mine are usually raiding the fridge before they even get their backpacks off.
Wouldn’t it be great to surprise them with this No Bake Chocolate Cookie Pudding Pie?
This is one of our favorite desserts and simple to make gluten free too.
What could possibly be easy enough to whip up during the day or the night before and have waiting for them? This No Bake Chocolate Cookie Pudding Pie, that’s what!
The best part for me is that this can be gluten free too assuming you adapt it accordingly.
The version I made is entirely gluten free and inspired by my first time finding a gluten free chocolate pie shell at the store. Let’s just say there was some serious happy dancing going on in the aisles.
The main ingredients for this pie aside from the cookies of course is the Jell-O Chocolate Pudding and the Cool Whip!
As far as the Jell-O Chocolate Pudding, I like to get the cook and serve; however, you can use instant too. Just go with your preference on which one you like the best.
What do you need for Chocolate Cookie Pudding Pie?
- Chocolate Pudding
- Chocolate Pie Shell
- Chocolate Cream Filled Cookies
- Cool Whip or Whipped Topping
- Cream Cheese
Then, for the topping I simply combined a little sugar, cream cheese, and Cool Whip to make a delicious whipped topping.
Which Gluten Free Shell Should You Use?
I use the Mi-del Pie Crust. These are quite delicate and I’ll say that sometimes I have to smooth them back out and put them back together, but for the most part they work well.
The other option is that you can buy extra chocolate cream filled cookies and make your own as well, doing something like this No Bake Gluten Free Pie Crust.
Now are you ready for this treat? I know that I am! I’m sure your family will agree it’s delicious!
No Bake Chocolate Cookie Pudding Pie
- 1 3 oz Package of Jell-O Cook & Serve Chocolate Pudding
- 1 1/4 Cup Crushed Chocolate Cream Filled Cookies or Gluten Free Chocolate Cream Filled Cookies, Divided
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 Chocolate Cookie Pie Shell or Gluten Free Chocolate Cookie Pie Shell
- 2 Cups Cool Whip or Whipped Topping
- 1 8 oz Package of Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- In a saucepan on medium heat, combine the pudding from the pudding package, 1 cup of cookies and milk, bring it to a slow boil and whisk and stir continuously until it is thickened.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pie shell and place in the fridge for about 30 minutes to cool.
- While it is cooling, whisk the cool whip, cream cheese, and sugar until whipped well.
- Remove the pie from the fridge and top with the cool whip mixture evenly over the pudding.
- Sprinkle with remaining cookies.
- Place in the fridge for an additional 2-3 hours until chilled well.