As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
It’s time to make a delicious dinner with Air Fryer Shrimp fajitas, which also make for a great Ninja Foodi Recipe too!
I’ve mentioned lately that I’m really on an Air Fryer Fajita kick, basically anything I can make fajitas with…I’m going to try it! My husband has been craving Air Fryer Shrimp Fajitas, so I thought I’d give those a try.
I adapted my Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas to make this version. I’ll admit the chicken version is still my favorite but I prefer chicken over shrimp, so that’s my personal preference.
My husband though prefers shrimp over chicken…so maybe we just need to make both!
Can you use Aluminum Foil in the Air Fryer?
Yes! Personally I like to use foil in the air fryer; however, you can also buy different pans that will fit in your air fryer as well. The foil allows for easy cleanup and doesn’t make such a mess with the air fryer basket.
If you use foil, be sure to allow room around the sides so the air can still circulate.
How do you make Gluten-Free Air Fryer Shrimp Fajitas?
This is a simple switch of seasoning, I prefer to use this Homemade Fajita Seasoning from Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures.
If you prefer store-bought, you can purchase gluten-free taco seasoning or gluten-free fajita seasoning. In my opinion, the taco seasoning works just as well if you are unable to find fajita.
As far as the tortillas go, we use white corn tortillas. I like to warm these up in the skillet or the pot of my Ninja Foodi before serving. It really makes a huge difference in the taste and texture of the tortilla.
What type of shrimp should you use for Air Fryer Shrimp Fajitas?
I suggest medium or large shrimp, personally I prefer tail-off shrimp but you really can use either. It’s going to be up to you as far as which you prefer.
For me, it’s an extra step and I just want to scoop up the fajita meat and eat. My husband and son though love tail-on shrimp, so it’s your choice!
The key though is to use medium or large shrimp, you’ll want that over small.
If you want to check out some accessories for your air fryer, be sure to check out my store on Amazon!
- 1 Pound Medium Shrimp, Tail-Off (Cooked, Frozen Shrimp)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Onion, Diced
- 2 Tbsp of Gluten-Free Fajita or Taco Seasoning
- Olive Oil Spray
- White Corn Tortillas or Flour Tortillas
- Spray the air fryer basket with olive oil spray or line with foil.
- If the shrimp is frozen with ice on it, run cold water over it to get the ice off.
- Add the shrimp, peppers, onion, and seasoning to the basket.
- Add a coat of olive oil spray.
- Mix it all together.
- Cook at 390 degrees for 12 minutes using the air fryer or air crisp function of the Ninja Foodi.
- Open the lid and spray it again and mix it together.
- Cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve on warm tortillas.
- This recipe uses cooked, frozen shrimp, it can be made with uncooked shrimp too but may need a few additional minutes of cook time.
All air fryers heat differently, be sure to check on it halfway through the cooking time to make sure it's cooking nicely and does not overcook.
If the shrimp is frozen, run it under cold water for just a few minutes to get the ice off.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 86 Total Fat: 2g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 81mg Sodium: 420mg Carbohydrates: 6g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 10g