As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Make a delicious dinner with Air Fryer Chicken Teriyaki Bowls.
Air Fryer Chicken Teriyaki Bowls
A few weeks ago, I shared this Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken, now I’m completely hooked. I have been experimenting with several different varieties.
The latest that made the cut are these Air Fryer Chicken Teriyaki Bowls.
I am gluten-free, so it’s very rare that I get to enjoy Asian food because of the sauce, so now that I have discovered I can make a very close alternative at home, I can’t stop! I’ll be sharing Mongolian Beef soon too, stay tuned for that recipe.
How do you make Gluten Free Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken Bowls?
I decided to adapt my Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki recipe and then add the sauce after the chicken was cooked up in the air fryer.
The first step is simply to cut the chicken into cubes, then toss it into corn starch or potato starch.
I am now using a Ninja Foodi Air Fryer; however, you can check out a variety of different air fryers in my post on, How to Choose the Right Air Fryer. Also, grab more Ninja Foodi Recipes!
If you make this in your Ninja Foodi, use the Air Crisp function.
Once it’s nicely coated, simply place in the air fryer. I cooked this on both sides at 390* for about 15 minutes on each side. Meanwhile, the chicken cooked and I made the sauce.
Once the chicken was nicely cooked, I simply coated it in the sauce and served it with rice and beans. Perfection all in a bowl!
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest too, I’ll be sharing more Air Fryer Recipes there too!
The next day, we had some leftovers, my husband and I actually went and got our kids to-go meals so that we could eat this all by ourselves and not share.
Isn’t that terrible? It’s just SO GOOD!
It was just as good the next day as it was fresh out of the air fryer. I just love that it’s so easy to do too.
I just find my air fryer is so much less mess too than having to use the stove to fry up the chicken. It’s no oil and so simple, which means a lot fewer calories and mess for you later.
Are you ready for a bite? Time to eat up!
If you want all these recipes right at your fingertips, be sure to grab the e-book. This e-book features 15 Easy Air Fryer Recipes!
- 6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Cornstarch or Potato Starch
- 1/2 cup Gluten Free Soy Sauce or Regular Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon Cornstarch
- Cooked Rice
- Cooked Green Beans
- Sliced Green Onions
- Cut the chicken into cubed chunks, then toss in a bowl with Cornstarch or Potato Starch. Use enough to coat the chicken evenly.
- Place in the Air Fryer and cook according to your Air Fryer Manual for chicken. (Note - I cooked ours on 390* for 15 minutes on each side.)
- While the chicken is cooking, in a small saucepan, combine the soy sauce, water, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, regular sugar, garlic, and ginger. Whisk this well until it's nicely combined.
- Bring this to a low boil, then whisk in the cornstarch until the sauce is thickened. (Note - if it isn't as thick as you prefer, add another 1/2 Tablespoon.)
- Remove from heat for about 5 minutes and let it thicken up.
- Set aside.
- Once the chicken is cooked, mix it into the sauce and warm up. This can be done in a small skillet or the saucepan, simply coat the chicken with the sauce.
- Serve the chicken over the cooked rice with green beans.
- Garnish with green onion.