This post is sponsored by the Certified Angus Beef ® brand in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Air Fryer Beef Fajitas are made using a juicy, skirt or flank steak paired with fresh vegetables. This recipe can be made in the Ninja Foodi too.
It’s no secret that my Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi these days is my go-to kitchen appliance, I use it nearly every single day. I’m not even kidding about that.
My oven is lonely…but I just can make dinner so quickly with the Air Fryer, plus it’s delicious.
During the week, quick and easy meals are a MUST and fajitas are almost always on our menu every single week. Why? Because they are so quick and easy.
These Air Fryer Beef Fajitas take just 15 minutes and they are ready to eat!
What is the best cut of beef for Fajitas?
Skirt or Flank Steak makes for the best choice when making Air Fryer Beef Fajitas. The key, of course, is how you cut the steak.
It MUST be cut against the grain, otherwise, it’ll be too tough to chew.
Out of the two cuts, we prefer and almost always use skirt steak. It’s has a rich, beefy flavor and gives a great flavor to the fajitas. Flank steak if very similar but leaner than skirt steak.
We picked up our Certified Angus Beef Brand steak at our local Reasor’s. They have the BEST choices of Certified Angus Beef, we specifically love stocking up on it at their meat sales throughout the year.
We always have Certified Angus Beef on hand in our freezer, here in Oklahoma you just never know when it’s going to be the perfect day to grill…so having some on hand is a must.
The perfect way to know how to choose the right cut of meat is to use the Roast Perfect App. This app is wonderful as a timer for cooking along with recipes too!
How do you cut the steak against the grain?
This is very tricky sometimes but the key is to cut perpendicular to the grain or the line of the steak. It can change though, so you may have to alter the way you are cutting as you cut the strips for the fajitas.
If you cut it against the grain, it’s much more tender and easy to chew.
Can you make Air Fryer Steak Fajitas in the Ninja Foodi?
These can be made in the Ninja Foodi using the Air Crisp basket and the Air Crisp function of the Ninja Foodi. They will be made exactly the same in the Ninja Foodi as they would with a traditional air fryer.
What type of seasoning should you use for Air Fryer Fajitas?
We prefer to use a taco seasoning on ours; however, you can also use a Homemade Fajita Seasoning too.
The seasoning can be store-bought or homemade, but you’ll need about 4 Tablespoons.
Now it’s time to enjoy these Air Fryer Beef Fajitas!
Air Fryer Beef Fajitas (Ninja Foodi Recipe)
- 1 Pound Certified Angus Beef Skirt Steak or Flank Steak
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper Diced
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper Diced
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper Diced
- 1/4 Cup Sweet Onion Diced
- 4 Tbsp Fajita Seasoning or 1 Packet
- Corn or Flour Tortillas
- Start by cutting the steak against the grain.
- Spray the air fryer basket with olive oil cooking spray and place the steak in the air fryer.
- Top with the vegetables and the seasoning evenly.
- Spray with another coat of olive oil cooking spray.
- Cook at 390 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Open the air fryer or Ninja Foodi and mix up the ingredients, being sure everything is well coated with seasoning and add an additional spray of olive oil cooking spray.
- Cover and cook using the air fryer for an additional 5-10 minutes at 390 degrees to your desired doneness. (We find that cooking for another 7 minutes is a perfect time, after 5 minutes, open it and check to see if it's to your desired doneness, if not add an additional 2-5 minutes.)
- Serve on warm tortillas.