Have you ever traveled with your furry, lovable dog in tow? Today, I’m sharing 5 Tips for a Road Trip with the Family Dog to help you get started on your travels.
We are in prime summer vacation time and that means lots of families are traveling. Now, what do you do with your family dog while you travel? When we go on really long vacations, we usually have our dog stay with our parents; however, we do frequent the lake and she does love water. What do you do though when you take your dog? Do you have tips and tricks? We quickly learned that an oral care treat to combat bad breath for our dog was necessary on our road trip.
We decided to try out PEDIGREE® DENTASTIX™ treats for our dog because let’s face it, a treat that helps their teeth? I’m sold! Have you ever tried to brush your dog’s teeth? Well how about a dog that’s as big as you? It’s quite a challenge, so it’s nice to have treat that helps clean their breath, get rid of the tarter, and freshen breath. That’s a win in my book and a great way to keep their oral health in check.
Now, of course there are other things to think about when traveling with a dog too, so I thought I’d share a few tips with you!
5 Tips for a Road Trip with the Family Dog
- Always stock up on their favorite treats like PEDIGREE® DENTASTIX™.
- Be sure to travel with a portable water bowl along with access to water too like a jug of water that you carry with you, along with their food and other essentials.
- Be certain their ID tags are updated.
- Always be sure that the place you are traveling is dog friendly.
- Make sure they have a comfortable spot in the heated or cooled vehicle since especially during the summer, it’s hot!
Traveling with the family dog can be a great time for the entire family, but since they are part of the family it’s necessary to be sure to pack all the essentials for them too.
Plus, when you use PEDIGREE® DENTASTIX™ their breath will be so fresh, you will just love spending close quality time with your dog!
Now, what are some of your tips? Share them with us!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.