As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Dollar General. All opinions are 100% mine.
As the holidays approach, so do lots of dinner parties. I’m sharing 5 Dinner Party Tips today with Dollar General!
One thing I love to do but feel like this year has gone so fast, it’s been hard to do, is to host dinner parties. I love having family and friends over just to enjoy time together over some tasty food! One thing I’ve grown fond of since moving out to the country is our local Dollar General. It’s by far one of my favorite stores to shop at. I’ve already stocked up on Christmas items from Dollar General too.
They have so many cute decorations that you just can’t find anywhere else. I ended up buying a little 2-3 ft reindeer. I got it back in early September, a man commented when I was checking out too that I was buying Christmas a little early, but I couldn’t help myself. My daughter loves it and thinks it’s hilarious because it’s the same size as she is. I can’t wait to decorate with it this holiday season. In the meantime though, I was anxious to have friends over for a little early Thanksgiving.
Now, if you are like us and have friends that may go out of town during the holiday, it’s fun to instead do a Thanksgiving Dessert party. This way it’s not as extensive as a Thanksgiving dinner, but we all know the best part is the dessert, right? This entire idea centered around this wonderful pie plate that I found at Dollar General. It is just so adorable and it even has the complete recipe to make pumpkin pie right in the plate. That’s a win because you have the recipe instantly!
I decided to decorate the table to match and include place-mats and dishes from Dollar General along with a few centerpiece items too. Our table was perfect for fall and ready for our dessert party. Of course, we like to add games to the party too. Did you know you can even grab some games at Dollar General too? Really, you can and I even picked up the ingredients for the Pumpkin Pie there too. I didn’t have to go anywhere else!
5 Dinner Party Tips
- Start with a Theme – It’s much easier to plan if you have a theme, or an idea of what you want the table settings to look like.
- Verify Dislikes/Likes with Guest – Now, this is a big one for me mainly because I have food allergies and I want to be sure that when my guests arrived, they can eat what I prepare, always ask first!
- Consider if Kids Will Be There – This is a big one for us as kids are almost always present at our parties, so it’s vital to have some kid-friendly items and even a table setup for the kids too.
- Don’t Worry About the Mess – Remember that the mess will still be waiting after the guests leave, don’t worry if there is a small mess, just clean up and move on to keep the party going.
- Be Welcoming – Now, a biggie for me and really any host, be there with your guests, be sure to mingle. It’s easy to get caught up in hosting and get everything perfect, don’t forget they are there to see you, not for you to be hidden away in the kitchen!
You can find these products and more at your local Dollar General just in time for the holidays!