As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
I am a lover of coffee not only that but also hot chocolate all of which pair perfectly with wonderful homemade biscotti! The first time I made biscotti I used this recipe for Chocolate Chip Biscotti on Tasty Kitchen. Ever since that day of discovering homemade biscotti, I have been adapting that recipe to make some of my favorite versions. So far my all time favorite is White Chocolate Cranberry!
I can eat these even without the hot coffee or hot chocolate, they are that good! My husband likes to inform me that they are hard as a rock, of course biscotti is supposed to be hard and soften in your coffee. For all those wondering too, how do I make this gluten free? All you need to do is swap out the flour for gluten free all purpose flour. I made two batches of these one with regular flour and one with gluten free flour, there was absolutely no difference in taste or texture! That was according to my husband the taste tester of the one with the regular flour.
Not only are these fabulous and tasty, they also make the perfect gift! I made these recently for my best friend who is an avid coffee lover, we even worked at a coffee shop together in high school for years. Once I finished making them I put them in a large mason jar and tied a gift card to Starbucks around it! These would make great teacher gifts, birthday gifts, or really any occasion!
Enjoy this morning treat with your coffee!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 3/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour or Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 4 Tbsp Butter, Softened
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1/2 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350*F.
- Be sure that all ingredients are room temperature.
- Combine in a large mixing bowl the sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix in the butter, vanilla, and eggs.
- Mix this well until the dough is formed.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips and cranberries.
- On a greased baking sheet, create 2 logs out of the dough. These can be about 8" long and 4" wide or the side that you prefer. They will not rise much.
- Bake these for 30 minutes at 350*F.
- Carefully remove and use a knife to cut the biscotti diagonally. At this point, just make the impression, do not fully cut them.
- Lower the oven temperature to 275*F and cook the biscotti for an additional 20 minutes.
- Let them cool and use a knife to fully separate them.
- Makes about 12-16 biscotti depending on the size of the pieces.
- These will last up to 2 weeks in an airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 274Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 167mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 4g