As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
It’s the perfect time of year for these tasty Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes, easy to make gluten-free too.
Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes are the perfect choice for spring, they are wonderful to have ready to serve when the kids get home from school or on a lazy weekend.
These cupcakes are a wonderful combination of the strawberry and lemon flavor, plus if you need to these are also a great gluten-free cupcake recipe too.
How do you make Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes into Gluten-Free Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes?
This recipe uses a cake mix as the base of the cupcakes, if you want to make them gluten-free, simply use a Gluten-Free Yellow Cake Mix.
We prefer Better Batter, but you can use your choice of gluten-free yellow cake mix.
How should you top and serve Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes?
These are best served with homemade whipped cream on top. It’s easiest to decorate these with a Wilton 1M tip and decorator’s bag. This will give it the best look and swirl.
The Homemade Whipped Topping is light and full of vanilla flavor which compliments the cupcakes well.
They can be topped when you are done with lemon slices or strawberries, in these pictures I added little yellow paper straws to them as well.
Does a box of cake mix work to make cupcakes?
Cake mix is the perfect choice for cupcakes, it will easily make about 24-30 cupcakes. These will be made just like a cake would with the mix; however, instead of a cake pan, use a cupcake pan and cupcake liners.
What cake mix is the moistest?
I’ve heard that Pillsbury reigns high, but I actually prefer Duncan Hines Cake Mixes. Now, with that said, we use gluten-free almost 100% of the time, so I almost always use Better Batter Gluten-Free Cake Mixes.
My husband though prefers the Duncan Hines…but really, a cake is cake to most of my family.
Now let’s enjoy these Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes!
- 1 Yellow Cake Mix or Gluten-Free Yellow Cake Mix
- 3 Whole Eggs
- 1 Cup Lemonade
- 1/3 Cup Oil
- ½ Cup Sliced Strawberries
- 1 Pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- 8 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Combine the cake mix, eggs, lemonade, and oil in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Fold in the strawberries.
- Spray each cupcake liner with non-stick cooking spray; then pour the batter in until about halfway full in each liner. This should make about 24 cupcakes.
- Bake these for 20 minutes or until when poked with a toothpick in the deepest part, the toothpick comes out clean.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, prepare the whipped cream.
- Add in the whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla into a mixing bowl, and then mix on high for about 3 minutes until the whipped cream is formed.
- Place the whipping cream in a decorator’s bag with a decorating tip and decorate each cupcake.
- Serve immediately or chill in fridge until they are ready to be served.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 201Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 174mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g