It’s the perfect time of year for these tasty Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes. This post was originally shared a few years back but has since been updated.
As we head into spring and summer, lemonade is on our menu regularly. It’s just one of those refreshing drinks that I LOVE right along with sweet tea. These Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes are very simple to make, but SO delicious. I’m probably a little biased, but I’d say the homemade whipped cream is what really makes these amazing. My kids would likely agree too.
I also like to add some fresh strawberries to the batter too. Then, of course we add in the organic eggs and lemonade. The lemonade can be homemade and fresh squeezed or store bought too; it’s totally your preference.
These taste like little strawberry filled lemon cakes. My son and I enjoyed ours while talking about his school year along with his upcoming year after summer is over. I’m sure he would love to take some of these to school to share with his friends too. We may have to have a spring party that is lemonade themed just so we can make a batch again.
Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
1 Yellow Cake Mix
3 Great Day Farms Organic Eggs
1 Cup Lemonade
1/3 Cup Oil
½ Cup Sliced Strawberries
1 Pint Heavy Whipping Cream
8 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
1/2 Tsp Vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Combine the cake mix, eggs, lemonade, and oil in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
3. Fold in the strawberries.
4. Spray each cupcake liner with non-stick cooking spray; then pour the batter in until about halfway full in each liner. This should make about 24 cupcakes.
5. Bake these for 20 minutes or until when poked with a toothpick in the deepest part, the toothpick comes out clean.
6. While the cupcakes are cooling, prepare the whipped cream.
7. Add in the whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla into a mixing bowl, and then mix on high for about 3 minutes until the whipped cream is formed.
8. Place the whipping cream in a decorator’s bag with a decorating tip and decorate each cupcake.
9. Serve immediately or chill in fridge until they are ready to be served.
I’m sure it may be premature to talk about spring to some, but here in Oklahoma we are about to go on Spring Break in a little over a week, so for us, trees are blooming and storms shelters are being cleaned out. That’s a sure sign!
Are you ready for spring, lemonade, and lots of sun? I am! Now, it’s time to celebrate with these Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes!
It’s time for this tasty treat!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.Disclaimer: This post contains links to products that I recommend. Many of those links may be affiliate links. In using those links, it does support the ongoing post and recipes shared on this website.