Steak & Kale Salad is a great superfood boost!
I have been adding a lot more salad to my dinner life lately, have you? I absolutely love Kale and Steak so making this Steak & Kale Salad was just necessary!
I actually am starting to prefer kale over a basic green leaf lettuce because it has a bit stronger taste to it. I know some people just do not like it at all, but when you prepare it right…it taste wonderful!
I whipped this salad up quickly during my daughter’s nap a few weeks ago, then I was able to keep the steak portion stored to use during the week. We also used this steak with fajitas too. It can serve dual purposes!
It took me just about 15 minutes to make this and was perfect for dinner, plus it heats up well.
Do you enjoy eating kale salads? What are some of your favorite toppings?
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Steak & Kale Salad
- 1 Lb Thin Cut Steak Skirt, Flank, Round, or Sirloin
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil Divided
- 2 Cloves Garlic Divided
- 1 Green Bell Pepper Sliced
- 1/4 Cup White Onions Diced
- 1 Bunch of Kale Cut into Salad Size Pieces
- 1 Tomato Diced
- Shredded Italian Cheese
- Begin by slicing the steak in long pieces, against the grain.
- In a large cast iron skillet, spray it with non stick cooking spray and add in 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Add in the steak and crushed clove of garlic, cook for about 5 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Add in the peppers and the onions, continue cooking until the steak is well done.
- While the steak is cooking, place the kale in a large bowl and add in the remaining olive oil and crushed garlic.
- Toss the kale to mix.
- Place Kale on a plate, top with the steak mixture.
- Add tomatoes and cheese.