As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
I believe it was this past weekend that football season began in our house! Along with football season comes sweet treats and snacks for parties! I will admit, football is not my thing but cooking and baking is, so I’m typically in charge of the food. This past weekend, I decided to try a new treat, Snickers Cupcakes in a Jar using the SNICKERS® Brand NFL Minis. I thought using football minis was fitting for a football watching party!
I started off my dessert by heading to Walmart to find the star of the dessert, SNICKERS® Brand NFL Minis! I was easily able to find them in a center aisle with a NFL display! I just needed a bag for my cupcakes so I picked it up and headed home to get started!
Here are a few of the ingredients that I used, I typically grab things and set it out then I have it readily available.
The first thing I did was process some of the minis to put in the cupcake batter. I went by the method of 1 mini per cupcake, so I used 24 minis and put those in the processor. I chopped them up into a ball of chocolate, then tossed them in with the cupcake batter and mixed them in.
I used 24 4 oz size jars to fill, like these from Walmart, with cupcake batter then placed them in the oven to bake. I love the idea of making these in a jar because it’s very easy for your football guests to eat, plus it’s easy clean up too!
A little homemade whipped cream on top does the trick for these, of course I planned on adding more SNICKERS® Brand NFL Minis and caramel too!
I used 1 mini per cupcake to top it with too, slicing up the Snickers and then placing them on the whipped cream. I finished it off with caramel drizzle. Then, I ate a few or maybe more than a few. Luckily, we still had enough left for the guests!
While I was working on football treats, my little man was outside learning how to throw the football with daddy! It’s officially football season at our house!
This post has been shared over on Eat at Home!
I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and SNICKERS® Brand #CBias #SocialFabric All thoughts, opinions, and recipe are my own.
- 1 40 oz Bag of SNICKERS® Brand NFL Minis
- 1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix, or Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Mix
- Eggs, Use amount on box cake mix
- Oil, Use amount on box cake mix
- 1/2 Pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp Vanilla
- Caramel Syrup for Drizzle
- 24 4 Oz Jars, Half Pint Size
- Serving: 24 Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Begin by using a food processor or blender to process 24 Snickers Minis. Set Aside.
- In a large bowl or using a stand mixer, add in all cake mix ingredients according to package, then mix in the processed minis.
- Once this is well mixed, spray the jars with non stick cooking spray and fill about 1/2-2/3 way full.
- Bake these for 25-30 minutes or until done. To be sure they are done, use a toothpick and insert in the middle of the cupcake, once it comes out clean they are done.
- While these are cooling, whisk together the whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla until the whipped cream is formed. This works best with a stand mixer on high.
- At this point, I use the Wilton 1M tip and a cake decorating bag and fill it with whipped cream then frost the cupcakes.
- Slice a mini into 4's for each cupcake and place on the whipped cream, then drizzle with caramel syrup.
- These need to be served immediately or kept in the fridge to avoid the whipped cream from melting.
- Note: I am gluten free and have been fine eating Snickers. If you are not able to eat them, replace with your favorite chocolate candy.