I mentioned these last few weeks that I have been using the slow cooker frequently! Did you know you can cook just about anything in it? Just do a few Google searches and you will find that you can!
This week I decided to try the Sesame Ginger Chicken from Cooking Light. At first when my husband and I tried the chicken we thought it was just “okay”, then when we poured the sauce over it that just turned it into “delicious”. There wasn’t a bite left! We gobbled it up! I love that it took me just minutes to prepare. I prepped it in the slow cooker the night before then just started cooking it before we left for school in the morning.
When we were ready for dinner I simply made some rice and topped the chicken and sauce over the rice! It was quick, easy and delicious!
I love making Asian inspired meals at home because I can control the sauces I use. Being gluten free it is extremely difficult to eat out at Asian restaurants because of the gluten in the sauces. I think my husband’s wish is that Panda Express would come out with something gluten free. He is having withdrawals because we hardly eat there since I can’t! I’ll just keep it to myself that I prefer to make my own anyway regardless if I could eat there or not!
Now are you ready for this slow cooker dinner?
Get those slow cookers ready!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Slow Cooker Sesame Chicken
- 1 Tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 Medium Sized Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1/4 Cup Low Sodium Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Orange Juice
- 5 Tsp Hoisin Sauce or Gluten Free Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Minced Peeled Fresh Ginger
- 1 Tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp Cold Water
- 2 Tsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 Green Onions Diced
- Cooked Rice Optional
- In a 5 quart slow cooker, pour the sesame oil evenly on the bottom then place the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Evenly cover the chicken with the soy sauce, brown sugar, orange juice, hoisin sauce, ginger, and garlic.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Chicken should be an internal temperature of at least 165*F.
- Once the chicken is done, remove it and set aside.
- Use a strainer to pour the sauce from the slow cooker into a small saucepan.
- On medium heat warm the sauce up with the cornstarch and water. Whisk it until it is thick.
- Then, top the chicken with the sauce, sesame seeds, and green onions.
- Serve over cooked rice.