If I told you that the majority of my closet is the color brown, you would think I was kidding…right? Well, I have a slight obsession with the color brown and fall colors in general! I am beyond thrilled that my favorite season is here, which means I have a ton of affordable, fashionable clothes just waiting to be worn!
In light of the new season, I headed out to Sears this past week to pick out a new outfit to show you my 5 Must Haves for Fall Fashion! I took a break from the kitchen and went shopping, it was so nice! I have said in the past that I have a fashion degree; however, I am mostly in my sweatpants nowadays and less fashionable than I would like to admit! I am working on this though! Now, don’t get me wrong, I could lounge around in my sweatpants all day, which many days I do; however, I noticed when I get dressed and feel good about myself, I’m more productive! Sounds crazy, right?
It’s something about a cute outfit that just puts a little bounce in my step!
I have also been lurking on Pinterest lately and finding so many fall inspired ideas for my wardrobe that it has given me a new boost of motivation to spruce up my fashion.
As we head into fall there are a few things that are necessary to my style. I’m a very comfy girl like I stated above and casual! I mean, I’m a mom and have kids to chase around, I can’t handle constrictive clothes and high heels. Maybe you are one of those moms that can wear heels all day long and it doesn’t phase you…if you are…I envy you. The last time I thought I would wear heels to church because they were just oh so cute and it had been so long…I was walking out barefoot. Yes, it was that bad. My life is now all about flats or low heels!
Are you ready for a few must haves?
5 Fall Affordable Fashion Must Haves
- Colored Pants or Jeans – Colored pants or jeans are all the rage right now! I searched at Sears for some jeans; however, I could not find any that fit my body type the way I wanted them too, so I opted for a pant instead! I picked up these Canyon River Blues Pants that you see me wearing in the pictures above. They are in a wine color tone.
- Denim Shirts – Originally I was not on the denim shirt kick but have seen them popping up all over lately as they are back in style. I love that the one I picked up at Sears has polka dots on it! It paired perfectly with my colored pants!
- White Cami/Tank Top – I wear white tank tops under everything I own! They are a great staple piece and perfect for layering as well!
- Boots (Bootie) – These boots were a complete impulse buy, but I have to wear boots during the fall and winter, it is a must, must have! I spotted these boots at Sears and loved the cut on them. I would not really consider them a bootie, but they are called SM New York Women’s Fashion Bootie! I normally wear boots that hit just below my knee, so these were a fun change! I cannot wait to wear these this fall with a variety of outfits including with leggings!
- Scarves – A must have in my closet is a scarf or scarves! I basically own one that will go with every outfit! Remember, I said most of my closet is brown, so I like to buy colorful scarves to add pops of color. I also am obsessed with layering, so a scarf adds another touch of layering to my outfits.
There you have it, all 5 of those items are on my list for fall and in my closet too! I was able to pick up this entire outfit aside from the scarf at Sears for under just about $80 plus I used my Shop Your Way Rewards and scored over $30 in rewards money that I can apply to the next purchase!
Now, I’m ready to go back and use some of my reward points! I think I may need those boots in black too!
Follow along on the latest styles on Twitter at #ThisisStyle!
Happy Friday Shopping!
Update: Oh and…I totally went and bought those boots in black! Guess what? They only cost me $3! Yes, I love those Shop Your Way Reward Points!