As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
As we are heading back to school that means much more rush around dinner time. This year my son is in Pre-K, now into his first full week! I can’t even believe it.
Seriously…I’m still in shock mode of how he grew up overnight.
This year we have him signed up for a few activities too that happen coincide with dinner time that just means a little extra strategic planning on my part. By this I mean that on those nights I plan slow cooker or leftover meals. This way I can resist the temptation of the drive thru and have dinner prepared by the time we get home.
A great dish that we tried this past week were these Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken Stuffed Potatoes. I love that basically you are making shredded chicken in the slow cooker that you can use in a variety of ways throughout the week. We used this chicken in potatoes, nachos, tacos, and enchiladas.
It’s so easy to reuse! This particular time though I stuffed potatoes that you can also toss in the slow cooker so that they are ready to go when you get home.
A few toppings that we love on our potatoes are black beans, homemade salsa, cheese, cilantro, and sour cream! It’s all up to you though and perfect for picky eaters to choose what they want.
That is a one dish dinner since I used super size spuds, but you can also pair it with a delicious side salad!
Ready for dinner?
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
- 2 Lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, About 2 Medium Chicken Breast
- 1 Cup Homemade Salsa, See link in blog post for Homemade Salsa
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, Diced
- 4 Baking Potatoes
- Toppings:, Sour Cream, Cheese, Salsa, Cilantro, Butter, Black Beans
- In a 4-5 quart slow cooker, spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the chicken breast in the slow cooker and pour the salsa evenly over the chicken.
- Place the pepper evenly on each chicken breast.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hours. It will shred easily with a fork.
- To cook Potatoes:
- Begin by foil wrapping the potatoes then poking them on each side with a fork.
- Place them in another slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Once done, cut the potatoes and load them with the chicken and all your favorite toppings.