Make dinner fantastic for the whole family with Sloppy Joe Casserole!
Get ready for a great comfort meal with Sloppy Joe Casserole, this can be made with homemade sloppy joe mix or store-bought. Regardless, it’ll be a family favorite.
As we get more into the back to school season and nearing the holidays, quick and easy meals come to the rescue in our home!
One thing that my son loves to do is have different themes each night. He is always asking for a ‘Taco Tuesday’ night, so why not have a ‘Manwich Monday’ night too?
(Note – now we do our own, homemade sloppy joe sauce instead of manwich – but you can use that too!)
Those two nights of the week, I can always guarantee he will be excited for dinner time. Since he is a picky eater, him being excited for dinner is like beautiful music to my ears!
When we do our Manwich Mondays, I love to mix it up. We’ve done Sloppy Joe Sandwiches, Sloppy Joe Nachos, Sloppy Joe Tacos, and now a Sloppy Joe Casserole.
This casserole is a simple meal. I simply layered cooked Potatoes O’Brien with Manwich mixed with ground beef, then I topped it with cheese. He loves it paired with corn on the cob for a complete meal.
What Makes Sloppy Joe Casserole the BEST Weeknight Meal?
I love the burst of flavors that it adds to a dish. My husband though grew up on original so that’s his favorite. Another thing we love is that you can use any type of meat you want, it could even be a meatless meal and simply used as a tangy sauce.
It also brings on a whole new level of messy, but I’ll say it’s a controlled mess. HA!
This means it’s a two handed meal and no texting or computers allowed at the table.
I know for our family that has been a VERY important aspect of our dinner time. No phones! Guess what? I’m the only one that has the phone problem. Shameful, I know. I’m working on it though and doing much better!
What do you need for Sloppy Joe Casserole?
- Sloppy Joe Sauce (Manwich or Homemade!)
- Ground Beef
- Potatoes O’Brien
- Shredded Cheese
That’s all you need, 4 ingredients! It really doesn’t get much easier than that, does it?
I also guarantee the whole family will devour this Sloppy Joe Casserole!
Sloppy Joe Casserole
Sloppy Joe Casserole
- 1 Can of Bold Manwich or Regular
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- 1 28 oz Package of Potatoes O'Brien
- 1 Cup Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef and mix in the Manwich as instructed on the can.
- In another skillet, prepare the potatoes as instructed on the package.
- Once both are prepared, spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Evenly place the cooked potatoes on the bottom, topped with the ground beef and Manwich mixture, then top with cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 350* or until the cheese is nice and melted.