Let me start today’s recipe by saying that my thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by the Boston Tragedy! It’s times like these where no matter what you believe…praying is necessary.
I’m going to be heading into sharing a recipe today; however, I plan to spend most of my day with my family holding on to them and cherishing each moment I have with them even more.
We have been really into breakfast for dinner lately! I’m not sure why aside from the fact it’s so easy and lately we’ve been rushing during dinner time. Also, I have been trying to do very frugal meals using what I have on hand and breakfast seems to top the frugal list!
I also love making breakfast for dinner because then we have breakfast for morning meals throughout the week. This makes it especially easy to get some good protein in the mornings with little effort!
For this meal I used up some sausage that Lynn with Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures gave me….it was DELICIOUS! Really…we loved it!
As for the veggies, simply use what you have on hand if you want to add more or less to it. For instance, peppers would make a great addition to this dish or spinach.
Enjoy this delicious dish!
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
- 1 Lb Ground Breakfast Sausage Cooked and Drained
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
- 4 Medium Sized Potatoes Diced
- 1/2 Tsp Sage
- 1/2 Tsp Basil
- 1 Tsp Parsley
- 1 Tomato Diced
- 5 Egg Whites
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1/2 Cup Colby Jack Shredded Cheese
- Have the sausage cooked and drained and set aside.
- Add oil in a large skillet (cast iron works best for this) and add in onion, potatoes, and spices. Let these cook for about 15-20 minutes on medium heat until the potatoes have become soft.
- Add the sausage into the skillet mixture and add in the tomatoes.
- Next beat the egg whites and whole egg together and then mix into the skillet mixture.
- Let this simmer for about 15 minutes until the egg is well done then top with cheese and additional parsley.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking