Rosemary Green Beans & Potatoes makes the most delicious side dish for any dinner!
One of my husband’s favorites to eat as a side dish is a big tasty pot of Green Beans & Potatoes. I have to say, I love them just as much as he does and even better when they are garden fresh!
As we walked around the Farmers Market a few weeks ago, I knew we had to pick up a batch of Green Beans & Red Potatoes. I had just the right recipe waiting to try with these, found over on Cooking Light.
I decided to use the recipe from Cooking Light as a guide then adapt it to our own taste. My husband is not a huge fan of tomatoes, so I wanted to leave the tomato sauce out but include the oils, garlic, and then add rosemary in place of the other herbs.
These were absolute perfection and they paired well with our steaks for dinner that night. There is just something about Green Beans & Potatoes that compliment steaks well.
I am hoping our green beans come up in our garden so that I can make more recipes like this soon. Last year we had an abundance of green beans, so we still have a few batches in the freezer. I hope to be able to freeze more this upcoming year too.
Are you ready for a tasty side dish? Eat up!
Disclosure: I am a blog partner with Cooking Light; however, this is not a compensated post.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Rosemary Green Beans & Potatoes
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove Crushed
- 4 Red Potatoes Diced
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 1/4 Lbs Green Beans Trimmed
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Rosemary
- 1/4 Tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Heat up the olive oil on medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add in the garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add in the potatoes, and cook for about 4 minutes or until tender.
- Add in the salt, green beans, water, and rosemary.
- Continue to saute and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes until fully cooked and tender.
- Serve topped with black pepper.