Root Beer Sloppy Joes are going to bring a whole new level to your sloppy joe!
Sloppy Joes are one of those foods that typically my whole household LOVES. I like to mix it up each time I make them too just to give them a bit of a different flare.
Last month, I spotted this recipe for Root Beer Sloppy Joes in Cooking Light Magazine. Immediately, I added that one to my list. I am positive anything with Root Beer is fantastic. I’m not even a pop drinker, but I love a good root beer occasionally. The best part is that I didn’t use this whole bottle of Root Beer, so guess who had a delicious float after the kids went to bed? Yep, I indulged myself.
This dish is super easy to whip up during dinner time, which is another bonus. These sloppy joes can be served on a bun or served on top of a hot baked potato.
Are you ready to be wowed? These will certainly do it for you. The Root Beer gives a distinct flavor to the sloppy joes making them even better than the traditional counterparts!
Ready for dinner?
Disclosure: I am a blog partner with Cooking Light; however, this is not a compensated post.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Root Beer Sloppy Joes
- 2 Tsp Oil
- 3/4 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 Cup Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Heinz Chili Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Root Beer
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Tsp Dry Mustard
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Tomato Paste
- 4 Hamburger Buns or Gluten Free Hamburger Buns
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat, then add in the oil.
- Add the onion and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Add in the beef and cook until browned, stir occasionally.
- Stir in Tomato Sauce and next 7 Ingredients through the Tomato Paste.
- Bring this to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes until thickened.
- Divide the meat among the bottom halves of the buns and then top with the top halves.