As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Red Velvet Cheesecake Kisses Trifle is a great dessert for any holiday!
This post brought to you by The Hershey Company. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Mommy Hates Cooking.
The holidays are just around the corner, are you ready yet? I know we are still trying to recover from October but Christmas will be here soon and for our family that means lots of parties!
One thing that I have found over the years is that parties are made complete with food.
It’s just a known fact, right? Every Christmas party you attend will usually be full of delicious desserts and treats, so why not bring the show stopper dessert?
I’ve always found trifles to be the show stoppers at most parties. What could possibly be better than layers of delicious treats piled high on top of each other? Nothing, absolutely nothing!
What do you need for Red Velvet Cheesecake Trifle?
One thing that is pretty consistent in our home is Hershey’s Kisses chocolates.
I knew immediately these were a must in this trifle, I mean this is kiss the baker good, so why not add Kisses chocolates to it? Works perfectly!
I decided to layer crushed chocolate cookies, red velvet cake with extra Hershey’s Cocoa Powder, topped with cheesecake pudding that is filled with Hershey’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips.
Tips for Making Red Velvet Cheesecake Trifle
Now after the pudding is the fun part, you can do any design you want, but I chose to put the ‘bottoms up’ on these Hershey’s Kisses chocolates and circle the entire trifle bowl.
After you have all that delicious chocolate in the trifle bowl, top it with whipped cream. Then, repeat those beautiful layers.
Once I got to the top layer, I decided to rotate Hershey’s Kisses Candy Cane Mint candies and Hershey’s Kisses chocolates.
Can we say chocolate heaven? I know my husband was in chocolate heaven. Now, this dessert will make all your friends want to kiss the baker, but maybe you can just hand out a few extra kisses to your friends.
This trifle is so fun to make that your entire family will likely love to get involved. I even made a few single trifles with one layer each of this goodness for my kids.
How fun are these? Individual trifles are perfect for dinner parties with just a few guests. Then, each guests gets their own little trifle bowl and they look beautiful with all those layers.
Are you ready for the holidays?
Make your dessert the coveted dish of the party with this Red Velvet Cheesecake Kisses Trifle! Be sure to find even more recipes at The Hershey Company.
- 1 Box of Red Velvet Cake Mix, with items mentioned on the box to prepare
- 1 Tbsp Hershey’s Cocoa Powder
- 2 3.9 oz Boxes of Instant Cheesecake Pudding
- 4 Cups of Cold Milk
- 1 Cup Hershey’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Package of Chocolate Cookies, Crushed
- 1 Bag of Hershey’s Kisses Milk Chocolate
- 2 Cups Whipped Topping
- 1 Bag Hershey’s Kisses Candy Cane Mint candies
- Prepare the cake mix as instructed on the package for 2 round cakes, but add in 1 Tbsp of the cocoa powder to the mix.
- While the cake is baking, mix together the instant pudding with the milk. Whisk together for 2 minutes.
- Add in the chocolate chips.
- Let this sit in the fridge for 1 hour to chill.
- Remove the cakes once they are done baking and let those cool for about 1 hour.
- Place a layer of crushed cookies on the bottom of the trifle bowl.
- Cut and shape the cake for the next layer in the trifle bowl.
- Evenly spread pudding on top of the cake.
- Unwrap the chocolate kisses and place those around the trifle bowl for the next layer.
- Next, do a layer of whipped topping, use about 1 cup.
- Add another layer of crushed cookies, cake, pudding, and whipped topping.
- Lastly, add the remaining chocolate kisses and candy cane mint kisses to the top of the trifle.