As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Get ready for fall with a Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Cake!
I hope you all had a wonderful Labor Day weekend! For me, that means summer is unofficially over and my kitchen and home turn into fall.
I LOVE fall, it’s the time of year that I look forward to each year. I already had my home switched to fall decor in August. Yes, I’m one of THOSE people.
Then, as I was shopping at Walmart, I saw it…Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer! It’s here! Pumpkin season is here. The creamer can be found in the large bins at Walmart or back in the creamers in the dairy section.
Remember though, you can use any Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer.
I made this Pumpkin Pie Cake a few years back. The recipe was passed down to me from my great great aunt’s recipe collection.
This year, I kept thinking I needed to remake it with ice cream. I could not wait to get started on this so naturally it was time.
What could possibly be better than my two favorite things, cake and ice cream, all combined into one? Nothing. Absolutely nothing!
How do you make Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Cake?
Not only did I serve my cake paired with coffee and Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer, but I also replaced the evaporated milk in the recipe for the creamer. It gave this cake a whole new level of delicious creamy flavor.
I’m by no means a cake decorator, but a cake can be made instantly beautiful with some simple swirls and a good decorating tip. That’s exactly what I did with this cake, then I sprinkled the top with a dash of cinnamon.
It turned out perfectly and tasted just as good! When it comes to the ice cream, be sure to use a good real vanilla ice cream. If you use a soft serve type of ice cream, just be sure it’s frozen very well before servings because those tend to melt faster.
Now it’s time to sit back and enjoy a slice of cake!
What fall recipe are you planning to try soon?
If you are looking for more be sure to head over to my Fall Favorites!
- 1 Can Pumpkin Puree, 28oz
- 4 Eggs
- 12 oz International Delight Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Package Yellow Cake Mix or Gluten Free Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 Cup Melted Butter
- 1 Cup Chopped Nuts, Optional
- 3 Containers of Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting, 12oz Each
- The day before you plan to make the cake, line a 9inch cake pan with foil, then evenly pour out and smooth out the ice cream. Let this harden fully in the freezer.
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Add the pumpkin, eggs, creamer, sugar, and spices to a stand mixer, mixing well.
- Next, mix in the cake mix and butter. If you choose to use nuts, mix those in at this point as well.
- Pour the mix into 2 greased 9inch round cake pans.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Once baked, let them cool completely.
- Carefully remove and release them from the pan, once they are fully cooled.
- Place one cake on the bottom of the cake stand or tray, then add the layer of ice cream and another cake.
- Next, ice them with 1 container of frosting for the crumb coat. Place this in the freezer for a few hours to harden.
- Remove from the freezer and continue to decorate with the remaining frosting.
- Use a Wilton 1M tip and decorators bag to frost the cake, filling the bag with the Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Sprinkle the top with additional ground cinnamon.
- Serve immediately or place back in the freezer until ready to serve.