Pecan Hazelnut Bread is a must have for brunch!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BackToBalance #CollectiveBias
Winter Break is officially over around our part of the country, that means we have headed back into a routine again to finish out the remainder of the school year. As we head back into a routine, I’m also trying to get back to balance with my cooking as well as my schedule in general.
This year has been a little more hectic than years past. I work from home with this website along with freelance jobs as well, that means that although it may appear that I’m a stay at home mom that is just not entirely true. I do stay home but I also work a full time work week as well, it is just not traditional hours. In doing that, I am really trying to get balance back in my life between family and work plus make a little time for myself too.
Since I do work from home basically any time I have that the kids are either gone or asleep is my work time, that leaves very little extra time to do anything just for fun. I have been missing that in my life, just finding a hobby to do instead of blogging about it.
One way that I hope to get balance back in my life is in the mornings. I am going to make every attempt to actually go to bed at a decent time this year and get up a little bit earlier than my kids to get some me time in the mornings. That usual means my morning coffee as well as possibly a devotional or just a little quiet time!
I started doing this over the last few weeks and enjoyed my coffee paired with NESTLÉ® Coffee-mate® natural bliss® in the Sweet Cream flavor. I’m officially addicted. I honestly did not think I would like the Sweet Cream, but it is SO good! I was in shock.
Then, I decided to use one of my favorite flavors, Hazelnut, and turn it into this Pecan Hazelnut Bread. This provided just the right amount of sweetness to both my bread and my coffee without being overpowering.
I adapted my recipe from Blueberry Crumble Muffins to make this bread. At first, I had planned to make muffins but a bread just seemed so much better and great to take and share with family or friends too.
The NESTLÉ® Coffee-mate® natural bliss® is made with natural flavors and so delicious! I picked up mine at our local Walmart.
Are you working to get balance back this year? What changes are you making?
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Pecan Hazelnut Bread
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 Cup NESTLÉ® Coffee-mate® natural bliss® Hazelnut Flavor
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Butter Cubed
- 1 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Pecans
- Begin by pre-heating the oven to 400*.
- Next in a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, add in flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder and combine. Then, continue with the oil, egg, and creamer, mixing well and adding in the pecans.
- Once done, spray a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan, then pour the batter evenly in.
- Next, combine all of the crumb ingredients in a bowl and mix them together with a fork.
- Sprinkle the crumb ingredients evenly over the bread loaf
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until the crumb topping has browned and when poked with a toothpick in the deepest part of the bread loaf, the toothpick is clean.
- Sprinkle with a little powdered sugar if you would like.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
Alicia Gonzalez says
I’ve been working on organizing. I used to be one of the most organized people I know and it got lost somewhere! Getting Back To Balance this way has really streamlined my days. One thing is that now I can enjoy my coffee instead of just gulping it as fast as possible. I’m in total agreement with your post and can’t wait to try your recipe! #client