Make this flavorful, gluten-free meal with Ninja Foodi Coconut Chicken Curry!
This meal is SO SIMPLE and it’s very tasty too, it’s best served straight out of the Ninja Foodi and paired with Ninja Foodi Rice.
It’s full of flavor with the addition of Coconut Milk, which happens to be my favorite part of this recipe.
So, let’s get to cooking!
Can you make Chicken Curry in the Ninja Foodi?
Chicken Curry is SO simple to make in the Ninja Foodi, it’s typically done in just about 25 minutes, once you include the pressure building time.
This recipe is going to be made using the Ninja Foodi Multi-Cooker, with the pressure cooker function.
That means this recipe can be made in the Instant Pot the same way too.
Do you have to use Canned Coconut Milk?
This recipe uses canned coconut milk and this is a MUST! Do not make this with the carton you find in the dairy section.
Canned coconut milk is not as diluted as the carton of coconut milk, so it’s going to alter the outcome of the recipe if you substitute one for the other with this recipe.
Tips for Making Ninja Foodi Coconut Chicken Curry:
This recipe works well with either boneless, skinless chicken breast or chicken thighs, go with your personal preference on that.
The canned coconut milk will be used for this recipe along with the water that you will find in the canned coconut milk.
The water needs to be reserved in a small dish because it will be mixed with cornstarch to create a slurry to thicken up the curry at the end of the cooking time.
Curry powder is a must in this recipe and this can either be store-bought or you can make your own with this Curry Powder Recipe.
Coconut Chicken Curry is very creamy and easy to adapt with different spices and herbs as you prefer as well. For instance, if you want to add Cilantro or Basil, you can do that as well.
It’s easy to use this as a base and add to it for extra flavoring.
Let’s enjoy this Ninja Foodi Coconut Chicken Curry!
Ninja Foodi Coconut Chicken Curry
- 1/2 Tbsp Grapeseed Oil
- 2 Pounds Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1/2 Cup Diced, Sweet Onion
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- 14.5 oz Canned Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Curry Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Dash of Cumin
- 13.5 Oz Canned Coconut Milk (Reserve Water)
- 1 Tbsp Corn Starch
- Cooked Jasmine Rice to Serve
- Cut the chicken breast into small bite-size chunks.
- Turn the Ninja to the SAUTE function, add in the grapeseed oil, along with the chicken and onion.
- Saute the chicken until it's cooked throughouly.
- Turn to OFF.
- With the chicken and onion already in the pot of the Ninja Foodi, add in the chicken broth, diced tomatoes, curry powder, ginger, garlic salt, cinnamon, and cumin.
- Stir this up well.
- Secure the pressure cooker lid and set the nozzle to SEAL.
- Cook on HIGH pressure for 5 minutes.
- Quick release by moving the nozzle to VENT.
- Carefully remove the lid.
- Stir in the canned coconut milk into the pot of the Ninja Foodi, pouring the water in a small dish – this will be used to create the slurry.
- Combine the coconut water with 1 TBSP of cornstarch and mix this well to create a slurry.
- Turn to the SAUTE function on HIGH.
- Carefully whisk the slurry into the pot of the Ninja Foodi let this sit for about 1-2 minutes until it thicken up the curry.
- Serve over cooked Jasmine Rice.