As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Get ready for the Easter holiday with this easy Ninja Foodi Carrot Cake that can be made gluten-free too!
After making this Ninja Foodi Banana Bread, I decided to test out Carrot Cake in the Ninja Foodi, and wouldn’t you know…it worked!
It actually turned out really well, using a bundt pan and then bake function of the Ninja Foodi.
I am going to show you exactly how to make this Ninja Foodi Carrot Cake.
How do you make Ninja Foodi Carrot Cake gluten-free?
This is actually one of the easiest recipes to make gluten-free with a simple swap of flour. Be sure to use a 1:1 gluten-free all-purpose flour. I typically use Better Batter; however, any brand of your choice will work as long as it’s 1:1 swap.
That’s the only ingredient you will need to swap to make this gluten-free, all others should be naturally gluten-free.
Tips for Making Ninja Foodi Carrot Cake:
This is a depression-era recipe and is a very dense cake, I only make this in my 6-cup Bundt Pan. It can likely be done in other pans but all the measurements in this recipe are specific to this particular pan.
This recipe will use the bake function of the Ninja Foodi. It’s best to place the bundt pan on the wire trivet in the lowest position, then it will bake at 325*F for 40 minutes.
Once it’s done, it’s best to let it fully cool then carefully release it and flip it onto the plate that you plan to serve it on. Since it is dense, it is not good to be picking it up and moving it frequently.
That means you will want to flip it out to the final plate you plan to serve it off, then following that it will be frosted.
The frosting for this cake is a homemade cream cheese frosting, if it is too runny for your liking, the frosting can be placed in the fridge to harden up, or additional powdered sugar can be added to thicken it as well.
Another option, the cake can be frosted once, placed in the fridge to harden, and then frosted again similar to a crumb coat.
Once frosted, add additional walnuts to garnish the cake and serve!
This Ninja Foodi Carrot Cake is easy to make in minutes and perfect for Easter dessert.
Check out even more Ninja Foodi Easter Recipes here!
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Oil
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Hot Water
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 Cups Gluten-Free or Regular All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Cup Grated Carrots (About 2 Carrots grated)
- 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1 8oz Package Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 3 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts to garnish
- Mix together the sugar, oil, hot water, eggs, and baking soda.
- Add in the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt.
- Fold in the carrots and walnuts.
- Using a 6-cup bundt pan coat with cooking oil spray of choice if needed and evenly spread in the batter.
- Place the bundt pan on the wire trivet in the lowest position and sit inside the pot of the Ninja Foodi.
- Turn the Ninja Foodi Multi-Cooker to BAKE and then Bake at 325*F for 40 minutes or until when poked with a toothpick in the deepest part it comes out clean.
- Carefully remove from the foodi and place on a wire rack to cool.
- While the cake is cooking whisk together the butter, cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar to make the frosting. If it's too runny, add additional powdered sugar in small increments or place the frosting in the fridge to harden.
- Once the cake is fully cooled, carefully release it by using a spatula and releasing the sides, flip it onto the plate you will be using to serve it on.
- Once it's ready, frost with the frosting and garnish with additional walnuts.
This is a dense cake, be very careful when flipping it out of the bundt pan and be sure to place it on the plate you will be serving it from.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 662Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 30gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 225mgCarbohydrates: 69gFiber: 2gSugar: 58gProtein: 5g