It’s time to celebrate your favorite yellow men with Minions Donuts & Party!
Did you head out this past summer to see the Minions movie? My sister actually took my son as a special treat and her kids to see Minions © 2015 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. He was ecstatic to go see it and as soon as he came home all he talked about was how much the minions love bananas. So, guess what snack he wanted that day? Bananas!
I headed to pick up our movie pack along with several fun items to create this party. I really wanted to stick with a breakfast theme. My kids absolutely love breakfast at all hours of the day, so I knew this would be a win. Even better? I knew I had to make some minions inspired donuts too.
Illumination Entertainment’s Minions movie inspired these fun donuts that the kids will love!
These donuts are simple to make and trust me, no skill is required…just a little bit of patience. That’s always hard to come by for me too. I baked a batch of donuts and once they were fully cooled, I decorated with them with blue and yellow icing. I simply bought the prepared icing already in the tube and squeezed it on. Then, I added a few candy eyeballs and traced their googles onto the donuts.
My son was ECSTATIC to see these. They certainly give you the mom of the year award from your kids.
I setup our table with additional breakfast items like bacon and juice as well. Then, I added a few eyeballs to our scramble eggs too. We also had a basket of bananas that sadly I didn’t grab a picture of, but my son was adamant that bananas be part of the party…of course!
I also picked up some goggles at Target too for all the kiddos and used those to decorate our juice boxes. Then, we happened to have a popcorn tin full of popcorn that was covered with minions. I decided to add that to our table too. I wanted this party to be fun for the kids, simple and full of blue and yellow inspired minions themed foods. I’d say we succeeded!
Are you ready for a family movie night? Make it a breakfast for dinner night and enjoy your movie!
Happy Movie Night!
- 1 Cup Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 6 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 6 Tbsp Skim Milk
- 1/4 Tsp White Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/8 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp Market Pantry Butter Melted
- Blue Icing
- Yellow Icing
- Black Icing
- Candy Eyeballs
- Preheat the oven to 325*.
- In a large mixer add in the dry ingredients then mix in the wet ingredients until the batter is well combined.
- Spray a donut Pan with bake easy and then using either a spoon or a decorators bag, pipe in the donut batter. These typically need to be about 3/4 full to allow a little room for the dounuts to rise.
- Bake these in the oven 10 minutes or until nice and brown. If you are making these gluten free, then you may need to bake for 15 minutes, simply test with a toothpick to be sure they are done in the middle.
- Remove the donuts and let the donuts cool on a wire rack.
- Once the donuts have cooled, be sure they are very cool, then use the blue icing to do the bottom half of the donut. Then, do the same with the yellow for the top half.
- Add the candy eyeballs and outline their eyes to create the goggles with black icing.