This past week I was ask to review the Cookbook, The Carb Lovers Diet Cookbook. My first thought was this is the perfect cookbook for me because carbs are my weakness; however, I am learning how to balance them out with healthy carbs and veggies.
This cookbook is perfect for those who still want to keep the carbs in their diet but loose the weight. It focuses on creating foods with resistant sugars that are filling and help you burn calories throughout the day.
As someone who does have to watch the carbs not every recipe would be wise for me to eat simply because I have to be very wise of my carb intake. I was impressed though with many of them being low in carbs.
The recipe that caught my eye immediately was the Mini Mediterranean Pizzas. Not only did they look delicious, I also knew it would be perfect for a lunch meal!
Let’s get to this recipe, then stay tuned for the giveaway. Please note that I did adapt this recipe from The Carb Lovers Diet Cookbook.
Mini Mediterranean Pizzas
- 4 6 inch Whole Wheat Pitas
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Turkey Pepperoni
- 2 Roma Tomatoes Chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove Sliced
- 1 Red Pepper Sliced
- 1 Yellow Pepper Sliced
- 1/4 Cup Black Olives Sliced
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 Cup Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1/2 Lime
- Preheat oven to 450*.
- Using 4 pitas, brush both sides with olive oil and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Begin by topping each pita with 5 pepperoni's. Next, top each pita with tomatoes, garlic, peppers, black olives and feta cheese. Sprinkle each pita with just a dash of pepper.
- Place these in the oven for 7-8 minutes until the sides are browned.
- When removed from the oven top them with baby spinach leaves and then squeeze a little lime juice over each pita. You can also drizzle a little more olive oil if necessary for added flavor.
GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED
Now, are you ready to win a copy?!
1. Leave a comment letting us know what your favorite meal is for dinner?
This contest begins now and will end on Friday, January 27th at 11:59 CST. The winner will be announced shortly after.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Note: I was given a copy of this cookbook and one to giveaway, all thoughts and opinions are my own.