Mexican Rice Casserole & Cinco de Mayo Recipes
Are you getting ready Cinco de Mayo? If so, I have 10 delicious recipes you should try including this Mexican Rice Casserole!
Do you celebrate Cinco de Mayo? We love to do our own little feast at home to celebrate. I think it’s fun just to get in the spirit of the holiday and fun for the whole family. Before we had kids, my husband and I would go out and eat on Cinco de Mayo, but now with kids, it is just easier if we eat at home. I’m sure the restaurant patrons would thank us for that too, but we really do love having our own food at home anyway.
Of course chips and queso are always a must but we like to mix it up with appetizers, main dishes, and desserts too. We decided to try out this Mexican Rice Casserole this past week and loved it. I figured it should be on our menu too now. I did a great mix of veggies, rice, and beef, then you can eat it as is, with chips, in a lettuce wrap, or with tortillas.
My husband loves to eat this with tortillas and I prefer chips. I will say though if you are making it more healthy then with lettuce is a great way to do it. Then, dip it in salsa and you are all set!
Mexican Rice Casserole
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- 1 Package Taco Seasoning or Gluten Free Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup White Onion, Diced
- 4 Cups Rice, Cooked
- 1 Cup Black Beans
- 1 Cup Corn
- 1 Red Pepper, Diced
- 1 Green Pepper, Diced
- 1 Tomato, Diced
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro, Chopped
- 1/2 Lime
- Optional - Cheese, Tortillas, Chips, Lettuce, Sour Cream, Salsa
- Begin by browning the ground beef and combining with the taco seasoning as instructed on the package.
- Once the beef is fully done and seasoned, set aside.
- In a cast iron skillet, add in the olive oil and onion up to medium-high heat and saute the onion for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the rice, black beans, corn, peppers, tomato, cilantro, and the ground beef.
- Squeeze juice from lime over the entire dish.
- Mix this up well and let it warm throughout for about 15 minutes.
- Serve topped with additional cilantro and optional items.
What types of foods do you like to try for Cinco de Mayo? Be sure to share them with us, plus check out these 10 Cinco de Mayo recipes, I’m certain you will be able to build your menu now!
10 Cinco de Mayo Recipes
Watermelon Jicama Salad by Mom Endeavors
Cheesy Bubble Up Enchiladas by See Vanessa Craft
Black Bean Salsa Salad by A Night Owl Blog
Easy Mexican Layer Salad by Spaceships & Laserbeams
Mexican Rice Casserole by Mommy Hates Cooking
Black Bean Dip by Two Twenty One
Churro Cupcakes by Happiness is Homemade
Taco Salad Bites by Play Party Plan
Margarita Mix Chicken Quinoa Tacos by Strawberry Mommycakes
Homemade Churro Bites by The Idea RoomWe are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
22 Responses to “Mexican Rice Casserole & Cinco de Mayo Recipes”
Pingback: Bubble Up Cheesy Enchiladas Recipe
Pingback: Whimsy Wednesday 221 | Food Done Light
Pingback: Easy Taco Salad Bites - Play.Party.Plan