As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Mexi Macaroni & Cheese is the ultimate comfort meal.
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas holiday! I have to say, I’m sad it’s over. I look forward to it every year, then it seems like it comes and goes so fast. I know though in the blink of an eye next year will be here. The years just fly by!
In the meantime today is about an easy meal. This literally takes just under 20-25 minutes to prepare and it’s a crowd pleaser, or it is at my house!
Is this not beautiful? I absolutely love macaroni and cheese, as does the rest of my family. Although many foods I make my kids turn their noses up at, if it involves macaroni and cheese, they are all in!
This is an easy, simple meal that combines pasta, cheese, chicken, and a can of diced tomatoes with green chilies. This can actually be made meatless, but I decided to make it a one dish meal and add in the grilled chicken.
I ate on this for days, although it does taste best hot off the stove. It can also be paired nicely with a salad too.
Are you ready for dinner tonight? This takes just a few short minutes and dinner is served!
Remember to head on over to Cooking Light too for even more yummy recipes!
Disclosure: I did work with Dean’s Dip recently; however, this is not a sponsored post. I am also a blog partner with Cooking Light; however, no compensation was received in exchange for this post.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
- 16 oz Macaroni Pasta Shells or Gluten Free Macaroni Pasta Shells
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 4 Cups Mexican Style Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup French Onion Dip
- 1 10 oz Can of Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 1 Cup Grilled, Sliced Chicken
- Parsley to Garnish
- Prepare the pasta as instructed on the package.
- Set aside to drain.
- While the pasta is draining add in the butter to the stock pot on medium heat.
- Let it melt just a bit, then add in the pasta back to the pot.
- Mix in the cheese, milk, and dip. Stir it continuosly until it is well coated and melted.
- Stir in the tomatoes and chicken.
- Pour into a casserole dish and garnish with parsley.