The summer months are the perfect time to use up fresh produce, plus have quick and easy meals, wouldn’t you agree? This past week, I decided to have my mom over to show her how to make a few 15 Minute or Less Dinners with MorningStar Farms.
I knew she would love this because she isn’t too fond of cooking and she absolutely loves MorningStar Farms Products particularly the veggie burgers.
I went to the store and picked up a few MorningStar Farm favorites. I decided to pick up the Mediterranean Chickpea Veggie Burgers, and I had the perfect topping in mind to make these an exceptional dinner item.
I went by the bakery to get Ciabatta Bread to use as the bun instead of a traditional hamburger bun. Then, I took a quick trip into my garden to find lots of fresh produce to make the topping for the burgers.
This meal can actually be made in less than 15 minutes depending on just how fast you can chop peppers. The best part is the topping can be made the night before too, so when you get home from a long day of work all you need to do is warm up the burger then top it with the topping and dinner is served. That is my kind of meal especially after days filled with work stress.
Did you know that you can actually find more than 600 recipes on the MorningStar Farms Website? That means there are over 600 EASY and delicious recipes that you can whip up in mere minutes!
If you are in the New York area or Detroit, MorningStar Farms will also be in your area at these events:
- Summer Streets Fair in New York, NY: August 2, 9 and 16
- Chris Santos, a recurring guest on the Food Network’s show Chopped and Executive Chef of The Stanton Social.
- Arts, Beats & Eats in Detroit, MI: August 29 – September 1
They will be sharing with you even more recipes to show you “Good Food for Good Times” options.
I know my mom and I had a great time with our girls afternoon just talking, cooking, and of course she was eating and taste testing.
Then, we can’t forget the kids, right? I also picked up MorningStar Farms corn dogs for my hungry little ones and they LOVED them.
Are you ready for dinner tonight? Make it easy and tasty!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Mediterranean Veggie Burgers
- 2 Roma Tomatoes Chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Black Olives Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Spinach Leaves Chopped
- Ground Black Peppercorn to Taste
- 1 Garlic Clove Crushed
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Package of 4 MorningStar Farms Mediterranean Chickpea Burgers
- 1 Package of Ciabatta Rolls
- Feta Cheese
- In a medium size bowl combine the tomatoes, peppers, olives, and spinach leaves.
- Top them with peppercorn, garlic, and olive oil.
- Mix this well.
- Heat the burgers according to the package instructions.
- Place a Ciabatta Roll on a plate, then add the burger and top with the veggies and Feta Cheese.