Make Thanksgiving even more delicious with this Maple Sweet Potato Casserole in a Jar, plus I’m sharing more Thanksgiving recipes too!
It’s true, I have an obsession with mason jars, just about everything can be served in a mason jar and it makes it so easy to mingle and eat at the same time. That is the point of Thanksgiving, right? It’s all about spending time with family and fellowship together, so that’s exactly why I just love these little sweet potatoes served up right in a mason jar.
I make this using the Maple Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe, but instead of pouring it in a big casserole dish, you can easily divide it up in mason jar. I used relatively larger jars for these, but you can use 1/2 pint sized too, which gives everyone a smaller portion. If you make them in 1/2 pint sized jars it will make about 12 jars and then in the pint sized it’s about 6 jars.
I’m so anxious for Thanksgiving this year, my aunt is coming in from Michigan and she has NEVER been here around Thanksgiving. It’s hard to travel with kids and family over the holidays when you have family in many different states, but as her kids are grown now, she’s able to come visit us. This is quite a treat for us, her and my mom will be traveling to visit family the day of Thanksgiving so we are doing our Thanksgiving feast a few days early so we can spend time with her. I think my sister and I are just as excited as we were when kids when we would be going to Michigan to visit them, it’s been several years since she’s seen our kids and she hasn’t seen our homes in real life, so we are looking forward to showing her around. It’s even better that then this summer we are taking the kids to visit them!
It just gives us an extra reason to look forward to Thanksgiving this year! This recipe will be a hit and so will each of these recipes. Be sure to check them all out now!
11 Thanksgiving Recipes
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Squash and Apples from Happiness is Homemade | Thanksgiving Stuffing Cups from Play Party Plan | Individual Sweet Potato Casserole from Printable Crush | Cranberry Dip from Mom Endeavors | Easy Crock Pot Fried Apples from A Night Owl Blog | Honey Glazed Brussels Sprouts from Spaceships and Laserbeams | Coconut Curry Pumpkin Soup from Ashlee Marie | Maple Sweet Potato Casserole in a Jar from Mommy Hates Cooking | Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Butternut Squash, and Pecan Salad from The Idea Room | Caramel Apple Crisp from Two-Twenty-One | Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls from See Vanessa Craft
Maple Sweet Potato Casserole in a Jar
- 3 Large Sweet Potatoes Cooked & Peeled (Approx 3 Lbs)
- 1/4 Cup Fat Free Half & Half
- 3 Tbsp Butter Melted
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 Tsp Ground Allspice
- 1 Large Egg Beaten
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 cup mini-marshmallows
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Pecans
- Ground Cinnamon
- 1. Preheat oven to 350*.
- 2. Be sure the potatoes are cooked and peeled. These can be peeled and boiled in a large stock pot until soft if you have not already cooked them.
- 3. Place cooked potatoes in a large mixing bowl, then add in the cream, butter, syrup, salt, pepper, vanilla, cinnamon, and all spice. Mix this well.
- 4. Beat in the egg.
- 5. Fold in chopped pecans.
- 6. Spray 12 1/2 pint sized or 6 pint sized jars with non-stick cooking spray then evenly pour the potato mixture in each one.
- 7. Bake for 15 minutes on 350*.
- 8. Carefully remove, sprinkle with marshmallows, pecans, and a dash of cinnamon.
- 9. Bake for an additional 10-12 minutes or until marshmallows are slightly browned.
- 10. Serve warm.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking