Holiday Dinners are just around the corner and this Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole should certainly be on your table.
Friends, please do not just bring a bowl of mashed potatoes to Thanksgiving dinner, bring these Loaded Mashed Potatoes to dinner! I think I have a new found love for mashed potatoes after making these, my kids do too.
My son has begged for mashed potatoes to be made like this every time he eats them now. I have to say, I agree, they are that good!
How do you make Loaded Mashed Potatoes?
A few years back now, my friend introduced me to adding cream cheese to mashed potatoes, these took that up a few notches. I mixed together potatoes, butter, cream cheese, garlic, salt, and milk to make this tasty dish.
Then, I topped the potatoes with chopped bacon, green onion, and sharp cheddar cheese. Once you add the topping, simply bake them for about 5 minutes until the cheese melts, then it’s time to eat up!
They taste like twice baked potatoes, melting in your mouth and complimenting the turkey and gravy perfectly for dinner.
My son usually denies mashed potatoes, but he was all about these. He even ask for seconds, then ask if he could have them again the next day.
Surely, we can all agree that anything with bacon on it just makes it taste even better, right? That seems to be the motto in our household lately especially for the boys in our family!
Now, what are you in charge of bringing for Thanksgiving Dinner? This Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole needs to be on the top of your list because it will certainly be a family favorite!
I’ll be making this again soon or maybe just stopping by your house because this is one of my favorite side dishes during the holidays. Bring on the potatoes!
Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole
- 8 Medium Sized Russet Potatoes Peeled & Boiled
- 2/3 Cup DairyPure Milk
- 1 8 oz Package of Cream Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Clove Crushed Garlic
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Green Onion Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Bacon
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Once the potatoes are cooked and boiled well, place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the milk, cream cheese, butter, garlic, and salt, then mix well until mashed potatoes are formed.
- Pour into a greased baking dish or casserole dish.
- Add the onion, bacon, and cheese evenly on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes until cheese melts.