I’m going to tell you now that some of the recipes coming the next few months are going to be fun ones because it’s going to be a lot of what I have been craving like these, Loaded Cheese Fries. I am not going to lie, I already have a date night planned with my husband where I plan to drive nearly 2 hours away to Eskimo Joes just so that I can have a plate of their cheese fries.
In the meantime, I had to make my own because this baby really wanted some cheese fries. I even talked to the nurse about my recent addiction to cheese fries and she told me it’s likely that I’m craving the salt in the fries due to the nausea. I guess somehow they relate to each other regardless they are good but probably not great for you!
This would be a nice treat though from time to time, plus you can make these even more healthy by using real potatoes; however, if you are like me and just need a Loaded Cheese Fries fix, let’s get on to the recipe!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Loaded Cheese Fries
- 1 Lb Bag Frozen Steak Fries
- 1-2 Tsp Seasoned Salt
- 2 Cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Crumbled Cooked Bacon
- 1 Green Pepper Diced (Optional)
- 2 Green Onions Diced (Optional)
- 1 Red Tomato Diced (Optional)
- Sour Cream
- Begin by arranging your steak fries on a non stick cookie sheet as instructed on the bag. At this point, sprinkle them with seasoned salt and bake in the oven at 450* for 30 minutes or until soft.
- Once the fries were done, I put them into a 9 inch pie pan and topped them with the cheese, bacon, peppers, onions, and tomato. I distributed all these ingredients evenly over the fries.
- Then, bake them on 350* for 5-10 minutes until the cheese fully melts.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream.