As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
I love Kabobs for many reasons one reason being that you can use essentially the veggies that you have on hand to build the kabobs. We make these frequently in the summer months when we have a lot of produce. I enjoy serving them over pasta or rice it adds a wonderful flavor.
A great way to serve these is over a lightly tossed pasta in a vinaigrette dressing, it’s light and tasty!
When we made these, we decided to serve them over Risotto Rice that had Parmesan cheese mixed in topped with a little bit of marinara sauce!
- 1 Package of Johnsonville Italian Sausage Mild Links
- 1 Green Pepper, Cut in Chunks for Kabobs
- 1 Red Pepper, Cut in Chunks for Kabobs
- 1 Yellow Pepper, Cut in Chunks for Kabobs
- Cucumber or Squash, Cubed
- Grape Tomatoes
- 6-8 Skewers
- 1 Cup Risotto or White Rice
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Marinara Sauce
- Begin by cutting up the sausage into slices to fit on the skewers. Then, just arrange your kabobs with all of your veggies and sausage.
- These made about 8 skewers for us.
- These will grill on medium heat, be sure to keep a close eye on them because they do cook quickly.
- While these are cooking, prepare the rice as instructed on the package, once the majority of the water was cooked down, I added 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese and let it melt in for additional flavor.
- Add a kabob over the rice, then drizzle with marinara and sprinkle with additional cheese!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Disclosure: I am part of Johnsonville’s Kitchen Community Blogger Panel, in which I received many products to use to make Johnsonville Italian Inspired Recipes. All the thoughts, opinions, and recipes are my own.