As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
A few weeks back, I picked up a bag of the Hershey’s Mint Chocolate Chips during a grocery trip! I’ll admit they were an impulse purchase, but I just knew they would taste fabulous in homemade ice cream!
I used the recipe for Homemade Butterfinger Ice Cream and simply substituted the butterfinger for the chocolate chips. They did melt a bit and once they were churned they turned into flakes, but I thought that tasted better than having the entire chocolate chip!
Enjoy this tasty treat!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
- 4 Cups Sugar
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Bag Hershey's Mint Chocolate Chips
- 2-3 Quarts Fat Free Half and Half
- Bring sugar and water to a rolling boil; continue cooking for about 1 minute. Let mixture cool. Pour Hershey's Mint Chocolate Chips into sugar mixture and let soak until you are ready to make ice cream. Mix Hershey's mixture with 2 quarts of half and half and pour into 4 quart ice cream maker. Lastly, add additional half and half or 2 % milk as needed to reach the “fill” line on your ice cream maker.
- Continue making ice cream as instructed on the ice cream maker instructions.
- This recipe can be tweaked to add any type of candy bar that you would like to use.