A few weeks back, I picked up a bag of the Hershey’s Mint Chocolate Chips during a grocery trip! I’ll admit they were an impulse purchase, but I just knew they would taste fabulous in homemade ice cream!
I used the recipe for Homemade Butterfinger Ice Cream and simply substituted the butterfinger for the chocolate chips. They did melt a bit and once they were churned they turned into flakes, but I thought that tasted better than having the entire chocolate chip!
Enjoy this tasty treat!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Homemade Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- 4 Cups Sugar
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Bag Hershey's Mint Chocolate Chips
- 2-3 Quarts Fat Free Half and Half
- Bring sugar and water to a rolling boil; continue cooking for about 1 minute. Let mixture cool. Pour Hershey's Mint Chocolate Chips into sugar mixture and let soak until you are ready to make ice cream. Mix Hershey's mixture with 2 quarts of half and half and pour into 4 quart ice cream maker. Lastly, add additional half and half or 2 % milk as needed to reach the “fill” line on your ice cream maker.
- Continue making ice cream as instructed on the ice cream maker instructions.
- This recipe can be tweaked to add any type of candy bar that you would like to use.