Enjoy a delicious meal today with Gluten Free Air Fryer Chicken Fried Rice, also easy to make in the Ninja Foodi!
We all know how much I love my air fryer, don’t we? It’s even better as we head into the new year looking for recipes that are better for you too.
One thing that I was anxious to try in the air fryer was an air fryer fried rice recipe.
I decided to adapt my own Gluten Free Chicken Fried Rice and use it to make Air Fryer Chicken Fried Rice.
Subscribe to YouTube Channel for step by step Ninja Foodi recipes – Subscribe Here!
This is such a great way to make air fryer fried rice.
The first thing you need is FULLY cooked chicken, either chicken breast that you’ve made and had on hand or store-bought frozen and cooked chicken breast.
Did you know that you can make this in your Ninja Foodi or Air Fryer? That’s right it can be made in either one, but it does make for a great Ninja Foodi Recipe.
Now once we get the chicken, it’s time to talk about this Gluten-Free Air Fryer Chicken Fried Rice.
First off, this is so simple to make and it’s such a great “better for you” option if you long for that fried rice. This recipe has barely any oil!
Not only that but I use a coconut oil spray or you can use olive oil spray.
What do you need for Air Fryer Chicken Fried Rice?
- Fully Cooked Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breast
- Cooked White Rice
- White Onion
- Coconut Oil Cooking Spray
- Soy Sauce or Gluten Free Soy Sauce
Most of these items will be readily available in your pantry or freezer. We like to keep these on hand for a quick meal during the week.
Once you have them all ready to go it’s time to make Air Fryer Chicken Fried Rice.
Tips for Making Chicken Fried Rice
When using an air fryer, it’s always a good idea to have a good cooking spray on hand. This is typically needed to replace using oil in a recipe.
When making Chicken Fried Rice, I prefer to use a coconut oil cooking spray. This will give a great flavor, plus allow the rice to stay nice and soft without drying out.
I highly recommend lining the air fryer basket with foil before making this as well. It makes for quick clean-up, plus any rice or liquid stays on top and doesn’t go down into your air fryer pan.
The next thing to keep in mind is everyone is different when it comes to taste. I start this recipe with 4 Tbsp of gluten free soy sauce, but sometimes I end up using 6 Tbsp.
If you prefer more, you can add it individually when you are serving. My husband and I are used to minimal salt, so we prefer to stop at 6 Tbsp. for this recipe.
Keep in mind too that when I say 6 Tbsp. of soy sauce, we are using 4 cups of rice. This recipe will easily serve 4 people.
The most important tip is that using cooked chicken breast in this recipe because the chicken is already cooked.
This means you avoid any cross-contamination and it literally only takes 10 minutes to make Air Fryer Chicken Fried Rice.
As we head into this new year, I have no doubt that many will be using their air fryer. It truly is a great way to enjoy some of the foods you love without all the unnecessary oils and fats.
Be sure to check out my full list of Air Fryer Recipes!
Enjoy this Gluten Free Air Fryer Chicken Fried Rice.
This is a great recipe to make in the Ninja Foodi, be sure to add it to your Ninja Foodi Recipes!
Air Fryer Chicken Fried Rice
- 1 Cup Fully Cooked & Diced Chicken Breast
- 4 Cups Cold Cooked White Rice
- 1/4 Cup White Onion Diced
- 1/4 Cup Celery Diced
- 1/4 Cup Carrots Diced
- 4-6 Tbsp Soy Sauce or Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- Coconut Oil Cooking Spray
- Line the air fryer basket with foil. Remember not to cover the entire basket to be sure air is still able to flow. I typically roll it up on the side.
- Spray the foil with the coconut oil spray.
- Add all ingredients in order on top of the foil in the basket.
- Stir to mix together and add a nice coat of coconut oil spray to the top of the mixture.
- Cook in the air fryer on 390* for 5 minutes.
- Carefully open and stir up the rice and mixture again, adding an additional coat of spray or soy sauce if needed.
- Continue cooking for an additional 5 minutes at 390*.
- Stir up and serve.