We had another freezer cooking success! I can’t tell you enough how great it is to do freezer cooking whether you work at home or stay at home, either way it will greatly lighten the load during the week.
I only did this freezer cooking day due to having a baby; however, typically I always freeze leftovers for future use. Since it’s primarily my husband and I being the only ones that eat the dinners, I will take out half of the meal and freeze it. I do this a lot with soups, stews, and chili.
For this recipe, I adapted my meatloaf recipe to make a freezer ready version before we had our baby. It was so nice on a busy night to know that all I had to do was take this out of the freezer and pop it in the oven!
I did let it defrost for a couple of hours; however, you can also put it in frozen but it will take a little longer on the cook time.
Freezer Cooking: Meatloaf
- 2 lbs of Ground Beef
- 1 16 oz Jar of Pasta Sauce
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1 Cup of Oats or Certified Gluten Free Oats
- In a bowl, mix the beef with the pasta sauce, egg whites, and oatmeal.
- Next form the loaf on a large sheet of foil then wrap it up. Be sure that it is securely wrapped to avoid freezer burn and place it into an aluminum casserole dish.
- When you are ready to prepare this, let it defrost for a few hours. Then, unwrap the meatloaf so that it is uncovered and bake at 375* for 1 1/2 hours.
- Using a meat thermometer in the deepest part of the meatloaf it should be at least 165*.
- Pour additional pasta sauce over the meatloaf and serve.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.