As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Get ready to fall in love with these Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes with Maple Syrup!
I could eat an entire stack of these right now, could you? When I made Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes a while back, I knew I would soon have to make a buttermilk version.
As soon as I took that first bite, I knew these were going on the list to make again and freeze for breakfast in the morning. That is if they last that long to make it to the freezer. We had an entire batch gone in one day!
Of course the buttermilk pancakes are amazing but top them with Real Maple Syrup and they become heavenly! I would suggest warming up the syrup…is your mouth watering yet?
How do you make gluten free buttermilk pancakes?
These pancakes also work very well made with gluten free all purpose flour too. It’s a simple switch. That’s enough about that, let’s get on to this yummy recipe!
Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 3 Tsp Baking Powder or Gluten Free Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Cups Buttermilk
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- Real Maple Syrup
- Combine all ingredients except syrup in a bowl mixing well. Let batter sit for about 30 minutes for fluffier pancakes.
- While the batter is sitting about 10 minutes before you are ready to cook begin to heat the griddle or skillet to medium heat and spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Spoon out the batter into about sand dollar size and let it cook on one side until the batter begins to bubble, then flip over and cook until done. This typically just takes 2-3 minutes. It should release fairly easily from the griddle and you can be sure that the bottom is browned.
- Continue until all pancake batter is used.
- Warm up the maple syrup and add a little butter on the pancakes along with warm syrup.