Get ready for parties and gatherings with this delicious Easy S’mores Dip!
S’mores are classic especially during the summer months, but it can be made even better with this S’mores Dip!
This dip is actually made in the oven and let’s face it, it’s much less messy too!
Do you know why a S’more is called a S’more?
I learned a fun fact the other day, that was the origins of the word S’mores. It basically means “some more”, just like you would really think. It was originally called a Graham Cracker Sandwich back in the early 20’s.
Move on forward to the 50’s and it appeared in a cookbook as S’mores and has been around ever since.
Find even more information on it on Wikipedia, it’s actually pretty interesting!
Tips for Making S’mores Dip:
This dip can be made using any pan that you prefer; however, this particular recipe is done with 5-inch cast iron skillets.
This is done using 2 skillets at this size. It makes it great for serving because each side of the table can get a dish, but it can also be done in one large cast iron skillet as well.
That also means the adults can get their own pan while the kids get theirs! It’s a win-win.
Be sure to watch the dip closely the first time that you make it because the marshmallows do sometimes cook quickly.
What can you serve S’mores Dip with?
It can be served with a variety of dipping items and can easily be done with gluten-free dipping items such as gluten-free graham crackers too.
- Graham Crackers (Regular or Gluten-Free)
- Vanilla Wafers
- Gluten-Free or Regular Animal Crackers
- …and Many More!
This dip can be customized to your preference, even the marshmallows can be swapped out with a different festive or flavorful marshmallow too. It’s really up to you!
For a traditional S’more, check out these Peanut Butter Cup S’mores.
Enjoy this delicious S’mores Dip!
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips Semi Sweet or Milk Chocolate
- Chocolate Bars Optional
- 2 5- inch Cast Iron Skillets
- Graham Crackers
- Vanilla Wafers
- Animal Crackers
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips to each 5 inch skillet.
- Cook in the oven for 5-6 minutes or until chocolate chips look glossy.
- Remove from oven and place marshmallows in a circle on top of the chocolate chips.
- Return to oven and continue cooking 5-6 minutes or until marshmallows are toasted.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately with your choice of serving items like crackers or pretzels.