Make this delicious Easy Beef Pad Thai, plus it’s an easy recipe to make gluten-free too!
Pad Thai has become my jam lately, is that even ‘okay’ to say? Maybe not, but seriously I LOVE it. It was only recently that it occurred to me that most rice noodles are gluten-free. That means Beef Pad Thai was in my future.
That meant I could make one of my favorite meals at home. Of course, this is my own take on it, so I’m sure it won’t be precise to the traditional meal, but it sure is good!
After we had Chicken Pad Thai, I decided to try out this Easy Beef Pad Thai and now I can’t even decide which one is my favorite because I love them both.
Which Thai Rice Noodles should you use?
If you need gluten-free or even if you do not, these naturally gluten-free Thai Kitchen Rice Noodles are my favorite.
They cook quickly and are the perfect texture. They are also super affordable too. I have found that we easily have nearly 8 servings of pad thai using these rice noodles.
What cut of beef should you use for Beef Pad Thai?
We prefer to use skirt steak for this recipe; however, you can also use flank steak.
This steak does need to be cut against the grain in thin strips. The most important thing is that when cooking, be sure to cook it to about a medium doneness. It gets way too tough if you cook it well done.
Tips for Making Beef Pad Thai
I highly suggest after cooking the steaks to trim off some of the excess fat. This can be done as you cut the steak as well; however, I prefer to do it after.
I will usually cut the steak down into smaller pieces after it’s cooked so it’s more bite-size in the pad thai and without the fatty parts.
If you don’t have fish sauce, you can skip it. The taste will still be great with or without it; however, traditionally it’s in the recipe. In my recipe, I use soy sauce, so it’s really fine either way. The fish sauce is giving it a salty flavor similar to the soy sauce.
Now, are you ready to enjoy this Easy Beef Pad Thai?
It’s the perfect choice for dinner!
Easy Beef Pad Thai (Gluten-Free)
- 14 oz Package of Gluten Free Rice Noodles or Regular Rice Noodles
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Pound Skirt Steak
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Carrots
- 2 Bell Peppers Sliced Any Color
- 1 Package Frozen Stir Fry Vegetables
- 1 Clove Crushed Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Gluten Free Soy Sauce or Regular Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Gluten Free Fish Sauce or Regular Fish Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Crushed Peanuts
- Begin by preparing the noodles as instructed on the package.
- While the noodles are cooking, spray with non-stick cooking spray a large skillet, wok, or dutch oven and warm up to medium-high heat.
- Add in the steak and brown on both sides for 1-2 minutes, aiming for a medium-well doneness, just a bit of pink.
- Place the cooked steak on a paper towel lined plate to drain off the grease.
- Clean the skillet and add in the olive oil, bringing it up to medium-high heat.
- Add the carrots, peppers, vegetables, and garlic.
- Sauté for about 10 minutes or until veggies are soft.
- Drain and rinse the noodles, place them back in the pot that they were cooked in, along with the steak, and vegetables.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, soy sauce, and fish sauce.
- Pour the mixture over the ingredients in the stock pot.
- Mix this well.
- Top with the crushed peanuts and green onion.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking