This past month I was presented with the challenge to come up with a recipe centered around Dove Dark Chocolate. The biggest challenge was not eating all the chocolate before I started on the recipe!
I decided that I wanted to adapt one of my Great Great Aunt’s recipes from her collection that was given to me a while back. This collection dates back nearly 100 years and many of the papers the recipes were written on are now extremely fragile; however, one in particular caught my eye, Peanut Butter Cookies.
I immediately knew I wanted to adapt the Peanut Butter Cookies adding the Dove Dark Chocolate to them. What could be better than peanut butter and dark chocolate?
Dove Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Creamy Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Dove Dark 1.44oz Chocolate Bars
- Begin by creaming together the butter, peanut butter, white sugar, and brown sugar.
- Once this has been creamed together add in the egg, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Lastly, break apart the Dove Dark Chocolate Bars and fold those in to the batter. The chocolate can be chopped; however, I left mine broken apart going with the indention in the chocolate bar.
- Next, place the dough on wax paper and roll it and wrap it in a log shape similar to cut and bake cookies.
- Let this chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375* when removed from the fridge.
- Next unroll the wrapped cookies and cut into 1 inch pieces and place on a greased cookie sheet about 2-3 inches apart. I used a knife to cut these and that helped cut apart some of the larger pieces of chocolate as well.
- Once you have done this with all the cookie dough, use a fork to make the indention on the peanut butter cookies. Simply place the fork slightly down on the dough and release, repeat in both directions.
- Bake these in the oven at 375* for 8-10 minutes. Let cool then serve.
- Servings: 2 Dozen Cookies
Now are you ready to make some of your own? Dove is celebrating the 30 Days of Dark all month on their Facebook Page. As part of the celebration a grand prize winner will win a Dove Dark Chocolate Prize pack plus an autographed copy of Claire Robinson’s cookbook; however TEN Lucky Readers will get the Dove Dark Chocolate Prize Pack!
GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED
1. Leave a comment letting us know how you plan to use Dove Dark Chocolate!
2. Like DOVE Chocolate on Facebook.
3. Subscribe to Mommy Hates Cooking Newsletter.
4. Like Mommy Hates Cooking on Facebook.
Leave a separate comment for each that you do.
This giveaway will begin now and end on Wednesday, September 24th at 11:59 CST.
Disclosure: I was provided with compensation for my time in creating this recipe and giveaway post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.