As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
This Gluten Free Pecan Rum Cake is a must for every holiday gathering!
This Pecan Rum Cake is also easy to make gluten-free too!
Why have I never made a rum cake?
This all has changed with this cake. The amount of insanely delicious just does not even describe it.
I’m allergic to pecans, so I ate around them and could not enjoy it as much as I wanted to but I had to take a bite and well…wow.
I took it over to a party with my family and there was not even a bite left to take home.
Normally, my family isn’t really big on sweets so I can assume I will have a little bit to take home. This time…nothing.
How do you make Pecan Rum Cake?
Every time I would go into the kitchen I would see my mom or grandma taking another piece, then more and more family kept coming in grabbing more of it.
As I made this one from my aunt’s collection, I had to smile as I read all of her notes on the recipe card.
She even wrote on the card, “This is delicious.”
So, she must of been telling herself that it’s so good she needed to remember to make this one regularly! My grandma said that she remembers this one from many years ago as well.
I also made this using home grown pecans from one of my cousins, then I used a gluten free yellow cake mix. This was gluten free and AMAZING.
How do you make this Gluten Free Pecan Rum Cake?
It’s super easy, simply swap out the cake mix to a Gluten Free Yellow Cake Mix.
That’s it, it’s super easy. I typically use Better Batter; however, the King Arthur mix I linked to works well too.
I thought the pecans made this cake absolutely beautiful.
I almost skipped them because of being allergic to them; however, I do not have a life threatening allergy and the more I read the recipe the more I thought they would be the highlight of the cake.
I was right they set this one apart from the other rum cakes that I have had in the past. The glaze was also a bit different as well.
It was a butter rum glaze poured over the cake when the cake is warm.
What do you need to make Pecan Rum Cake?
- Yellow Cake Mix or Gluten Free Yellow Cake Mix
- Vanilla Pudding Mix
Can you use Imitation Rum for Pecan Rum Cake?
Yes, of course you can. It’s totally up to you but I prefer the real rum.
The imitation rum has a much more sugary taste to me and doesn’t taste as good as the real thing.
So although it’s totally up to you, the best flavor will come from the real rum. Remember, it does cook out of this cake! Let’s hope anyway…Ha!
Now, are you ready for a slice? Or two?
If you enjoy this Pecan Rum Cake, you’ll also love this apple pie!
Gluten Free Pecan Rum Cake
- 1 Cup Chopped Pecans
- 1 Package Yellow Cake Mix or Gluten Free Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 3/4 Oz Package Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Rum
- 1/2 Cup Butter, 1 Stick
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Rum
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Grease a bundt pan then spread the pecans evenly on the bottom of the pan.
- Combine and mix the remaining cake ingredients in order.
- Pour it evenly into the bundt cake pouring it on top of the pecans.
- Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes or until poked with a toothpick in the deepest part, the toothpick comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, heat up all glaze ingredients until it gets to a boil.
- Let the glaze ingredients boil for a full 5 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven.
- Pour the glaze ingredients over the cake with it still in the pan.
- Let the cake stand for 10 minutes, before turning the pan over and releasing.