As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Get ready for the best topping served with your favorite fruit or over a delicious bowl of ice cream with this Classic Hot Fudge Sauce!
We are in the thick of summer and although our summer may look much different this year, it can still be just as fun! We have spent our summer with long days in the pool and making delicious goodies like this Classic Hot Fudge Sauce.
Hot Fudge Sauce is actually EXTREMELY easy to make yourself with just THREE ingredients, that’s right, you only need a couple of ingredients. I’ve come to find that so many of the fun toppings I would pick up at the store are so full of extra things that aren’t actually necessary.
What ingredients do you need?
- Chocolate Chips
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Unsalted Butter
That’s right, it’s just pantry ingredients. I actually always have these on hand, do you? I bet your kids will do backflips when they see a hot fudge sundae waiting on them.
What should you use Hot Fudge Sauce for?
Of course, using Hot Fudge Sauce over a sundae is a must, that’s likely my favorite use for it, but it’s also fabulous with a big plate of fruit. If you do a sundae this Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream is a great choice!
I think the fruit idea is such a great idea for a hot summer day, this can easily be served right out on the patio or by the pool for the whole family. It’s a great healthy option with a little bit of sweet with that great Hot Fudge Sauce.
How long does Hot Fudge Sauce last?
This sauce can be served immediately or you can store it in the refrigerator for up to a month in an airtight container.
If you do store it in the fridge, when you are ready to serve it, pour the amount needed into a microwave-safe bowl and hit it up for 30 seconds, adding about 10 seconds at a time as needed. After heating, just stir it up!
This sauce is perfect to serve over a variety of great desserts and fruit!
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips (Semi-Sweet, Dark, Milk Chocolate Etc.)
- 1 14oz Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
- In a heavy saucepan, add all ingredients.
- Warm the stove up to medium heat, stirring the ingredients constantly until the chocolate is melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Remove from heat, stir, and let cool slightly.
- Add to a jar or container that will be safe to store.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- If stored, when ready to serve, reheat in a microwave safe bowl or container for 30 seconds, stir, and add an additional 10 seconds each time and stir until smooth again.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 212Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 58mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 0gSugar: 28gProtein: 4g