Make a delicious treat this summer with Homemade Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream!
We are ready to start the SUMMER! That’s right today is the last day of school for our kids. Now I’m going to have a 1st and 5th grader. Where does time go?
I have absolutely NO plans, I’m a little nervous about that but honestly, I’m ready for a break just as much as the kids. I am sure though I’ll be coming up with some activities for us here after we rest a bit first.
Plus, we have the pool that we joined opening up which is going to be fun too. I have high hopes for that! We actually had a pool in our backyard last year, an above ground pool, it turns out we put it on top of a lateral line that we didn’t know was there.
So the whole thing had to come down this year after I spent a bunch to get it ready to open.
What a bummer, right? I won’t miss scooping out the bugs each morning so they can swim in it, but I will miss going out back for a swim in the afternoon or evening.
If we do another pool, this time we’ll have it professionally done. Summer also means it’s time for homemade ice cream!
How do you make Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream?
It’s basically a homemade vanilla base with peanut but cup candy mixed in and it’s absolutely wonderful. This same method can be used for just about any candy that you prefer to use.
Did you know that you can also make homemade ice cream in a bag?
I’m anxious to try this recipe this summer with the kids too!
What do you need for Homemade Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream?
- Peanut Butter Cups
- Half and Half
- Ice Cream Maker
- Rock Salt
That’s all you need, it’s a simple homemade ice cream recipe that you will enjoy!
Want more Homemade Ice Cream Recipes?
Check out these 10 Easy Homemade Ice Cream Recipes!
- 4 Cups Sugar
- 2 Cups Water
- 8-12 Peanut Butter Cups
- 2-3 Quarts Fat Free or Regular Half and Half
- Bring sugar and water to a rolling boil; continue cooking for about 1 minute.
- Let mixture cool.
- Chop candy food processor or crumble it by hand to your desired consistency.
- Pour candy into sugar mixture and let soak until you are ready to make ice cream.
- Mix candy mixture with 2 quarts of half and half and pour into 4 quart ice cream maker.
- Lastly, add additional half and half or 2 % milk as needed to reach the “fill” line on your ice cream maker.
- Continue making ice cream as instructed on the ice cream maker instructions.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 267 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 18mg Sodium: 67mg Carbohydrates: 48g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 47g Protein: 3g