As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Make a delicious treat this summer with Homemade Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream!
It’s time to start the summer with some homemade ice cream and this Homemade Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream is the perfect treat!
Homemade Ice Cream is a tradition for us and always has been. My aunt used to make huge batches of it every 4th of July, so that’s how I fell in love with homemade ice cream.
Now it’s fun to make it with the kids and let them pick different candies to add to it. In this recipe, you can swap out the peanut butter cups with basically any candy you want to try such as Snickers or Butterfingers. It’s very versatile and will work the same way with whichever candy you choose.
Get ready to make this delicious Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream and celebrate the start to summer!
How do you make Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream?
It’s basically a homemade vanilla base with peanut but cup candy mixed in and it’s absolutely wonderful. This same method can be used for just about any candy that you prefer to use.
Did you know that you can also make homemade ice cream in a bag?
I’m anxious to try this recipe this summer with the kids too!
What do you need for Homemade Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream?
- Peanut Butter Cups
- Half and Half
- Ice Cream Maker
- Rock Salt
It’s very important that you use half and half, regular milk will not work for this recipe the cream is what helps make the ice cream.
That’s all you need, it’s a simple homemade ice cream recipe that you will enjoy!
Want more Homemade Ice Cream Recipes?
Check out these 10 Easy Homemade Ice Cream Recipes!
Enjoy this Homemade Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream!
- 4 Cups Sugar
- 2 Cups Water
- 8-12 Peanut Butter Cups
- 2-3 Quarts Fat Free or Regular Half and Half
- Bring sugar and water to a rolling boil; continue cooking for about 1 minute.
- Let mixture cool.
- Chop candy food processor or crumble it by hand to your desired consistency.
- Pour candy into sugar mixture and let soak until you are ready to make ice cream.
- Mix candy mixture with 2 quarts of half and half and pour into 4 quart ice cream maker.
- Lastly, add additional half and half or 2 % milk as needed to reach the “fill” line on your ice cream maker.
- Continue making ice cream as instructed on the ice cream maker instructions.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 267Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 67mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 0gSugar: 47gProtein: 3g