Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles for the holidays!
Now, let’s get right to these Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles. There are two options for these amazing truffles. If you prefer, you can bake your own cookies to make these. That means you can use chocolate chip, chocolate, sugar cookies, basically anything for these! If you choose to use baked cookies, try these Chocolate Chip Cookies, you will need about 20 of them to make these.
I decided to use the natural peanut butter. It basically makes them taste like a peanut butter chocolate treat.
I wanted these to be perfect for Christmas or New Year’s Eve parties both, so I decided to sprinkle the tops with a combination of gold, silver, and red sprinkles. These were gone the same day I made them, the entire plate. I think it’s a safe bet that my husband ate most of them, although I think he left a few for guests at our Christmas party…I think!
I decided to use some cream filled chocolate cookies to make these; however, you can use either homemade or store bought, but the trick is letting them cool and then using two forks to dip them in the chocolate. The peanut butter gives them a great consistency that allows the filling to stick together well. Once they are dipped simply place them on parchment paper and immediately sprinkle with the sprinkles, then let them harden.
These are so delicious and you can do such a wide level of combination from mixing up cookie flavors to different toppings.
Are you planning parties this week for the holiday? We already had several this past weekend and made these treats, now I’m planning to make even more of these tomorrow to take to more family and friends. I sure hope they love a little chocolate with peanut butter like we do!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
- 12 Oz Chocolate Cream Filled Cookies About 20 Cookies Homemade or Store Bought - Gluten-Free or Regular
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup SKIPPY® Peanut Butter
- Baker's Chocolate
- Prepare the cookies, baking if necessary.
- Place the cookies in a food processor and process until they are crumb consistency.
- Add in the cream cheese and peanut butter, continue blending until well combined.
- Let this mixture sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes to chill.
- Once ready to make the truffles, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate per the package instructions in a bowl.
- Roll part of the cookie mixture into tablespoon size balls, then dip them well in the chocolate. It's best to use two forks to toss these in the chocolate then remove and let the excess chocolate drip back into the bowl.
- Carefully place the truffle on the parchment paper and immediately top with the sprinkles of your choice.
- Continue until all are made.
- Let them stand for about 15 minutes to fully harden.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
Rahul @ samosastreet says
Those look amazing!!!!!! Can’t wait to make ’em.