Chicken Spaghetti Bake
Make a delicious comfort meal with a twist, make this Chicken Spaghetti Bake with squash instead of pasta!
Many years back, I made a delicious Baked Chicken Spaghetti; however, this past month I decided I should try that recipe again but this time use spaghetti squash. It didn’t disappoint either, it was a delicious cheese filled casserole that made for a great dinner, plus it also provided lots of leftovers for the next day too. That just means it feeds a lot, which is always nice!
These days, our dinner time has just been so crazy, has yours? I’m going from school to activities and somewhere in between tossing dinner on the table. I have really enjoyed doing casseroles, sheet pan dinners, or slow cooker recipes because it just makes things so much smoother at dinner time. Now, let’s add homework on top of all that and we have a winner for frustration at dinner time, right? Well, this made dinner so much easier. I did a lot of the prep work ahead like getting the spaghetti squash prepared and the chicken cooked. That way I could mix it all together and just bake it in the oven when it was nearly time for dinner.
My kids loved this too, it’s always nice knowing that they are getting a big helping of veggies with their meal and without complaint, isn’t it? I also felt like I had a guilt-free advantage knowing that this was squash and not pasta, no need to stop. Of course it was full of cheese, but that doesn’t count today, right?
Chicken Spaghetti Bake
- 3-4Lb Spaghetti Squash, Cooked and Scraped
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Divided
- 2 Large Chicken Breast, Cooked and Cubed
- 1 10.5oz Can of Cream of Mushroom Soup or Gluten-Free Cream of Mushroom
- 1 14.5oz Can of Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies, Drained
- 1/4 Cup Bread Crumbs or Gluten-Free Bread Crumbs
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas
- Preheat the oven to 375*.
- Add warm spaghetti squash to a stock pot and add in 1 1/2 cups of cheese, warm up to medium heat or let sit on warm spaghetti squash to melt just a bit.
- Add the chicken, soup, and diced tomatoes to the spaghetti squash.
- Mix well.
- Place the mixture in a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Top with the remaining cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread crumbs are crispy.
This can easily be made gluten-free with a switch of soups, just use a gluten-free mushroom soup or you can make your own as well. It just needs to be a nice and creamy soup, cream of chicken works as well.
Now are you ready for a delicious dinner? Its time to eat up!
Pin it for later –