I had this bright idea the other day to make these not necessarily traditional Chicken Pot Pies. I wanted something that would be a comfort meal and fill me up, but I also did not want to use the traditional crust with a pot pie mainly to avoid all the calories and fat.
I decided to use some biscuits that I had purchased a while back to add to the pies to make them like a crust. I also used 4 7 inch pie pans to serve them in as opposed to one large pot pie. This way they could be individually heated and served. The idea worked out perfectly both my husband and myself enjoyed these plus they were much more healthy than having the pie crust.
Enjoy this alternative take on Chicken Pot Pie!
Chicken Pot Pies
- 4 Cups Shredded Chicken Cooked
- 1 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- 2/3 Cup of Milk
- 2/3 Cup of Flour
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Bag Mixed Frozen Veggies
- 1 Can of Homestyle Biscuits or make homemade biscuits
- 4 7 Inch Pie Pans
- In a large stock pot, I added all ingredients and began to mix until well blended and brought to a low boil.
- Next I sprayed the pie pans with cooking spray and poured a 1/4 of the mixture into each pan. I topped them with 2 biscuits on each pan and baked at 375* until the biscuits were cooked. Normally this only takes about 10-15 minutes.
- You can double the amount of biscuits if you want them to cover the entire pie pan, this will mean you will need 2 cans of biscuits.