As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Let me start by saying this recipe was completely by mistake! I was going an entirely different direction with this chicken; however, it was not working at all. So, I took a good hard look at the ingredients I had and came up with this. When it came out of the oven not only did it look delicious, it tasted it too!
- 1 Lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast or Chicken Fryer
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour (or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour, I use Better Batter.)
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tsp Dill Weed
- 1/2 Green Lime
- Sliced Swiss Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425*
- Mix the flour, salt, paprika, pepper, and dill weed. Coat the chicken with the flour mixture.
- Spray a 13x9x2 pan with cooking spray, this can also be cooked on a wire rack. Place the chicken in the pan or on the rack and then squeeze the lime juice evenly over the chicken.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 425*. After 30 minutes turn the chicken over and place a slice of Swiss cheese over each chicken breast. Let this cook an additional 15-30 minutes or until fully cooked. Mine took about 45 minutes total for cook time.
- Serve sprinkled with additional dill weed or fresh dill and lime.
This recipe was perfect with a side salad! I hope you enjoy this delicious chicken!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.