Let me start by saying this recipe was completely by mistake! I was going an entirely different direction with this chicken; however, it was not working at all. So, I took a good hard look at the ingredients I had and came up with this. When it came out of the oven not only did it look delicious, it tasted it too!
Cheesy Lime Chicken
- 1 Lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast or Chicken Fryer
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour, I use Better Batter.
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tsp Dill Weed
- 1/2 Green Lime
- Sliced Swiss Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425*
- Mix the flour, salt, paprika, pepper, and dill weed. Coat the chicken with the flour mixture.
- Spray a 13x9x2 pan with cooking spray, this can also be cooked on a wire rack. Place the chicken in the pan or on the rack and then squeeze the lime juice evenly over the chicken.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 425*. After 30 minutes turn the chicken over and place a slice of Swiss cheese over each chicken breast. Let this cook an additional 15-30 minutes or until fully cooked. Mine took about 45 minutes total for cook time.
- Serve sprinkled with additional dill weed or fresh dill and lime.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
This recipe was perfect with a side salad! I hope you enjoy this delicious chicken!
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Leave A Reply!